What if I do not clear my unit/installation by my retirement date?

boboj

Registered Member
I received my orders to clear and retire due to permanent disability from the army on December 10. Several months ago I had equipment stolen from me and I just started a Financial Liability Investigation of Property Loss (FLIPL). My leadership told me that I will not be leaving or going anywhere on Dec. 10 due to the ongoing FLIPL and so I contacted the transition office and I was informed that my leadership is wrong and that I am authorized to clear and retire from the army on Dec. 10 and the FLIPL can continue even after I separate, thus my orders will not be changed. I let my leaders know to which they replied with "No, you are under investigation" and did not give me further advise or direction. I have 3 days remaining (not counting Dec 10) to clear and I may not be able to do so on time.
At the end of my PEB I was given a no-later-than date of January 17th and my unit believes that this means I can stay in the army until that date, is this true? Because of the FLIPL they also stated I cannot take any leave even over the holidays. Over half the company including my leaders are currently gone for the couple of weeks due to a training event.

Anyone have any idea what I should do or if this is something I should worry about?

Consult Soldiers Counsel. If Soldier's Counsel states you can leave, then ask counsel to call your unit. That gets you out of the middle.

Clear as much as you can you might have to contact higher COC, often what will happen is installation will clear and any payment you still owe they report it to the Treasury and IRS to garnish. Otherwise not sure what you need from them you can sale your leave to finance unless your COC does an extension HRC trumps your command and you need to be gone on your final out date.

They will have to finish what ever you have left to clear. That jist happen to a guy in our unit. He got a memo staying he need to be gone my a date. He still had to clear barracks and cif. Our company commander had to finish doing it.

Enjoy your last day tomorrow.