What Next?

spear504

PEB Forum Regular Member
Hello!

So I finally completed all of my DOD/VA appointments under the DES Pilot on Tuesday. What happens from here on out? From what I understood by talking with the doc on Tues, by COB the exams' (I had 5 starting the beginning of Aug) notes were sent to my Regional Office for VA. At what point does the VA take the results from my ortho exam (reason for MEB) and give it to the MEB? What about my NARSUM? And where/ when does the PEB begin? What about the VA side? I know I recieve my rating thorugh VA before I get retired, should I be. I'm all confused :/ Help

Thanks.

Hello!

So I finally completed all of my DOD/VA appointments under the DES Pilot on Tuesday. What happens from here on out? From what I understood by talking with the doc on Tues, by COB the exams' (I had 5 starting the beginning of Aug) notes were sent to my Regional Office for VA. At what point does the VA take the results from my ortho exam (reason for MEB) and give it to the MEB? What about my NARSUM? And where/ when does the PEB begin? What about the VA side? I know I recieve my rating thorugh VA before I get retired, should I be. I'm all confused :/ Help

Thanks.

From what I understand....once the notes go thru all the VA hoops it goes back to your PCM. Then, PCM reviews and throws it all together in a NARSUM. Add CC letter and you are ready to go. I also think you have to review and sign something (Fm 3947??) also that "lists" all your conditions. I've been forwarned not to sign if it doesn't have EVERYTHING listed...this is your chance to make sure everything is considered before it goes to the MEB/PEB as needed.

I'm sure the experts will chime in here shortly...

Nate

You pretty much got it Nate.