What supporting document is required for CRSC?

jaybird2023

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hey family ! Hello from the Mountain State

Anyone know what the services consider valid documents for claiming CRSC?

I'm diagnosed with Combat PTSD diagnosed by an Air Force Mental health provider. I also have a service record entry for my CAR. Will this suffice ? Thanks !

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Hey family ! Hello from the Mountain State

Anyone know what the services consider valid documents for claiming CRSC?

I'm diagnosed with Combat PTSD diagnosed by an Air Force Mental health provider. I also have a service record entry for my CAR. Will this suffice ? Thanks !
This is what the Army suggests:

Documents to Support your CRSC Claim:

Including relevant supporting documentation with your CRSC claim assists CRSC in determining CRSC eligibility. Time and again, claims come in lacking supporting documentation linking the injury to a combat-related situation. Click for combat-related definitions.

When completing the DD Form 2860 (CRSC Claim Form), please include the following documents to verify your injuries as combat-related.

Essential Documents:

1. All available DD 214s/ DD 215s. You may obtain copies online from the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC). Be sure to retain a copy for your records.
  2. All complete Department of Veteran’s Affairs (VA) Rating Decisions/ VA Physician Reports/ VA Medical Records specifically showing the causation of the disability (including the VA letter, the actual VA rating decisions and the VA code sheets)
IMPORTANT- If you have copies of your VA records please send copies to the U.S. Army CRSC Division.
Highly Recommended Documents:

1. Medical Records - Must be from the time the injury occurred and must clearly show a combat related event
  2. Award Certificates and/or narratives
  3. Military Medical Treatment Facility Records - Must be from the time of injury occurred and must clearly show a combat related event
  4. Military Orders
  5. DA 638 Award Recommendation
  6. DA 4187
Suggested Documents:

1. Military Quadrennial Physical Examinations
  2. Military Retirement Physicals
  3. Physical Evaluation Board Proceedings
  4. Clinical Records or Notes
  5. Western Union Casualty Notification Telegrams
  6. Officers Record Brief
  7. Enlisted Records Brief
Note: DO NOT send original records, please send copies. If all you have is a copy, please be sure to retain a copy for your own records.
===
The USAF has a separate CRSC web page that is easily found.

Ron

cc: @RetiredColonel-MikeT