What to expect and claim?

I was recently referred for MEB due to fibromyalgia diagnoses along with a couple other medical conditions. I wanted to know at point in the process do I claim everything that is possible wrong with me? Also, do I claim everything related to fibromyalgia as well for VA purposes? Thanks for your assistance and any additional information will be greatly appreciated.

The MEB referral will be generated by your PCM and will be directly related to the condition that they feel might potentially make you unfit for continued military service. When you begin the process, you will be assigned an MSC from the VA. Upon meeting with this individual, you will get the opportunity to claim all other conditions that you want the VA to review and rate. Attorneys usually recommend that you claim anything and everything that could have the slightest chance of being rated.

For instance, I claimed medical conditions that I hadn't experienced symptoms for in over 4 years and still received a decent percentage from the VA.

Make sure to download the VA DBQ form for Fibromyalgia diagnosis to be aware of what they will be checking.

Also, per their language, it helps to have seen a Rheumatologist if possible.

Thank you, I will do that. I have been diagnosed by a rheumatologist. Again, thanks for your reply.

I was recently referred for MEB due to fibromyalgia diagnoses along with a couple other medical conditions. I wanted to know at point in the process do I claim everything that is possible wrong with me? Also, do I claim everything related to fibromyalgia as well for VA purposes? Thanks for your assistance and any additional information will be greatly appreciated.

Any update on this so far?

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia (by a rheumatologist), sleep apnea (by sleep study and PCM), and anxiety (by PCM and behavioral health) and other stuff. I will be starting my MEB soon, only reason I haven't started it sooner was they trying to finish testing of other stuff.

Any update on this so far?

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia (by a rheumatologist), sleep apnea (by sleep study and PCM), and anxiety (by PCM and behavioral health) and other stuff. I will be starting my MEB soon, only reason I haven't started it sooner was they trying to finish testing of other stuff.
I recently started the MEB for Fibromyalgia last week so we will see.

It was pretty smooth to be honesty. I’m always in pain and nothing works for my fibro so I ended up being medically retired. There are a lot of people to help you along the way as well as an attorney who will give you estimates based on your claimed conditions and so forth. The process I thought would be hectic but it wasn’t that bad it took about 3-4 months from start to finish. Sucks that there is no cure or treatment really for fibro. I pray everything goes well for you.

Reactions: 64P