when do i get my seperation pay?

Cforette

Registered Member
my out date is jan 3 2014 when/how does seperation pay work whats the time line. i heard the will audit the seperation pay but i also heard that they audit you last pay check so witch is it cause i dont see why they would audit both seperation pay and last les pay

ranger2992

PEB Forum Veteran
my out date is jan 3 2014 when/how does seperation pay work whats the time line. i heard the will audit the seperation pay but i also heard that they audit you last pay check so witch is it cause i dont see why they would audit both seperation pay and last les pay
You are on track. Lots has been asked and answered about this subject on here. Search away, and if something wierd is happening with your case, ask away.

Joe

dwagneremt

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My out date was the 26th of November. Its going to depend on your post finance office. My pay went into a hold pay status 14 days before my separation date. I received most of my severance pay and final pay on the 6th of December with my travel pay coming in on the 4th and 5th. Ft Drum said final pay could take between 3 and 15 business days from your ETS date. I called Ft. Drum on the 4th just to try and get a better time line and was told they had made a bunch of deposits that morning and that if it is within 21 days they do not have to forward anything to DFAS and they just pay it from there. That also included the leave days I sold back. I got the rest of my final pay last week. Id say call your post finance office and see if they can give you the time line for how long they are currently running.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">