When does Disability start coming in?

Right now I’m just waiting on my orders and plan on getting out as soon as I can after I get them (hoping it doesn’t take more than 2 weeks for my orders)
My question is, after I’m fully out of the army how long does it take for disability paychecks to start coming in? Trying to plan finances I plan on getting a job but unit won’t let me do interviews until I’m out. Any advice helps.

Right now I’m just waiting on my orders and plan on getting out as soon as I can after I get them (hoping it doesn’t take more than 2 weeks for my orders)
My question is, after I’m fully out of the army how long does it take for disability paychecks to start coming in? Trying to plan finances I plan on getting a job but unit won’t let me do interviews until I’m out. Any advice helps.
Re: "When does Disability start coming in?"

I assume you are speaking of VA compensation. VA compensation is not pro-rated. It begins to accrue the first day of the month following the month having the effective date.
Example:
CH 61 retirement: 25 June 2020
VA comp effective date: 26 June 2020
First VA comp accrual: 1-31 July 2020
First VA comp payment: On/about 1 August 2020 (for the period 1-31 July 2020)

Ron

Are you able to take a day of leave if you have an interview?
yes, you know how it is though. Its got to be two weeks in advance and some jobs aren't looking that far out. Trying to work it out thanks for the tip!

Re: "When does Disability start coming in?"

I assume you are speaking of VA compensation. VA compensation is not pro-rated. It begins to accrue the first day of the month following the month having the effective date.
Example:
CH 61 retirement: 25 June 2020
VA comp effective date: 26 June 2020
First VA comp accrual: 1-31 July 2020
First VA comp payment: On/about 1 August 2020 (for the period 1-31 July 2020)

Ron
Yes! My apologies for using the incorrect terminology. But thank you for the answer! I can use the reliable info to help my family plan.

My last day on AD was in later April. You can't earn VA benefits in any month you were on AD.
Therefore I began earning VA benefits in May
The check for May arrived near the middle of June
Since then the check have arrived earlier in the month.

I might add you should immediately upload you DD214 or equivalent to your claim, otherwise you will not get paid timely.

My last day on AD was in later April. You can't earn VA benefits in any month you were on AD.
Therefore I began earning VA benefits in May
The check for May arrived near the middle of June
Since then the check have arrived earlier in the month.
Correct.

Also...
The first day of possible VA compensation accrual is the first day of the month following the month having the VA comp effective date.

Regular retirements (not chaplaincharlie’s case). All regular retirements (i.e., 20 year AD) are on the first day of a certain month.
Example:
1. Last day AD: 31 July
2. Entered retired status: 1 August
3. First possible date for effective date for VA comp: 1 August
4. First accrual of VA comp: 1-30 September
5. First payment: on/about 1 October
This example pertains to a regular retirement

Ron

@RonG

Thank you for the clarification. I was speaking on a medical retirement.

My claims are closed and it doesn't allow for me to upload anything are you sure it needs to be added to get paid.
The VA has to verify your service in order to pay benefits, there are other systems to get your DD-214, to include DPRIS. As long as service is verified, you do not have to submit it. It depends if the service has it as your OMPF or not. If your claims are closed, this implies they have your DD-214.