When does severance pay get paid out?

Dkoz21

Registered Member
Hit TRANSPROC list yesterday. Exciting stuff. Now I am trying to plan my final out date, but the PEBLO and other personnel are not very helpful where I am at.

Can anyone help me out or PM me for specifics? I am very lost.

Thanks!

I'm in the same boat. Would be nice to know when to expect the severance pay so I can plan.

I just got my discharge from the TDRL today so I guess I'm in the same boat. I talked to someone at DFAS and they said it's normally a month or so after you are discharged.

I just got my discharge from the TDRL today so I guess I'm in the same boat. I talked to someone at DFAS and they said it's normally a month or so after you are discharged.
A month? Wow! I hope it comes faster. When you get yours would you mind posting on here?

I found a thread on here from this year that the person said they were paid their severance like the day after they got out (officially).

Yeah, my discharge paperwork was signed on the 12th of this month, same as my original DD214 that I got when I was put on the TDRL (it was signed on the 12th of March 2015). In both cases, my EAS was on the 30th of March and now, September. When I went on TDRL, my retirement pay hit on the 1st of April (2015). So I'm assuming that getting my severance on the 1st of October makes sense.

DFAS knows you need the money so they are actually pretty quick about it.

Last edited:
yes my separation date was 30 Aug 17 my severance pay hit 31 Aug 17 usually its not long as of lately everyone I know have been getting severance within 5 days of separation date not transition leave but actual separation date

That's all good info to know. Thanks, everyone!

WHEN THE LETTER NEED TO BE SENT TO DFAS TO RECOUP THE 25% TAX ?
MY LAST DAY IN THE ARMY WILL DEC 30, 2017. WHEN SHOULD I HOPE TO RECEIVED THE SEVERANCE PAY?