When should the MEB process actually start.

jbern008

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I am trying to figure out on when my MEB process should have started. I recieved a profile from my CBHS PCM on August 9th 2010. I was contacted by the nurse case manager in regards to me being referred into the MEB process shortly after this. I had asked about my packet at the beginning of September and was informed that my packet had not even been started because they was waiting for the NARSUM. I am just wondering if the MEB does not start until they recieve the NARSUM or could it be started prior to having the actual NARSUM complete.

xeno

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I am trying to figure out on when my MEB process should have started. I recieved a profile from my CBHS PCM on August 9th 2010. I was contacted by the nurse case manager in regards to me being referred into the MEB process shortly after this. I had asked about my packet at the beginning of September and was informed that my packet had not even been started because they was waiting for the NARSUM. I am just wondering if the MEB does not start until they recieve the NARSUM or could it be started prior to having the actual NARSUM complete.

If your waiting for a NARSUM, your MEB has already started.

jbern008

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
xeno,
Thanks for the reponse. I think I may have worded the question wrong. The MEB office recieved my NARSUM on the 23rd of September. According to the MEB/PEB page on AKO it is saying that my MEB was not started until 6 October, which is when I first seen the physician that is at the MEB office, even though I was referred in August and contacted by the nusre case manager shortly there after. I thought that the process was suppose to have started shortly after I was first reffered to have the MEB and not 60 days later. Everytime I had asked about my packet I kept getting told that it would start as soon as they recieved my NARSUM. Basically I am trying to find out if this is normal or if the MEB office where I am at is just finding away around the system.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">