When will I get my orders??

taylorm2017

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hi everyone!

I feel so close, yet so far. I'm waiting on my orders to come in. My PEBLO said it'd take 2 weeks and it's been 17 days. How long does this usually take once everything has been signed and sent off? I'm worried that the longer it takes, the further out my DOS will be. Is that accurate? This feels like the hardest part of the process. Any info is helpful, thank you.

(Brief back story: @Langley AFB; PTSD due to MST: 70% DoD; 100% VA): Timeline is on my profile.

Have a good day,

Taylor M

Hi everyone!

I feel so close, yet so far. I'm waiting on my orders to come in. My PEBLO said it'd take 2 weeks and it's been 17 days. How long does this usually take once everything has been signed and sent off? I'm worried that the longer it takes, the further out my DOS will be. Is that accurate? This feels like the hardest part of the process. Any info is helpful, thank you.

(Brief back story: @Langley AFB; PTSD due to MST: 70% DoD; 100% VA): Timeline is on my profile.

Have a good day,

Taylor M
I am waiting on sep orders. Pre-separation form sent to PEBLO on 29 Jan.

Spoke with ODC about a different topic and they said they have a 3 day turn around. My PEBLO told be to expect 1-21 days.

Thanks for that. Any idea how far out people's DOS's usually are when they get their orders? Or is it different for everyone and dependent on terminal leave and all that?

So when populating orders they give you 15 days to out-process, 20 days permissive (commander approval) and whatever terminal you have remaining.

So whenever orders are received + 35 days + terminal leave will be your official DOS.

So when populating orders they give you 15 days to out-process, 20 days permissive (commander approval) and whatever terminal you have remaining.

So whenever orders are received + 35 days + terminal leave will be your official DOS.
Is the pre-Sep form something we fill out or our PEBLO does? I just went to MPF on base and they said they don’t even see anything pending for orders for me, now I’m more worried :(

Your PEBLO should send you the pre-sep worksheet the same time you receive your PEB findings, and you fill it out you’ll send it back to your PEBLO for them to send it off for processing. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think the MPF is responsible for cutting medical separation/retirement orders. I think it is a case manager at AFPC. I’m sure our orders are not in the realm of the MPF.

I just ran into my PEBLO at the BX today and they confirmed they processed my paperwork and all I’m waiting on is orders to outprocess.

FSS will call you in and work out PTDY, terminal leave …. I waited 6 weeks, but I got delayed by T’giving, Christmas, and, 1 Jan holidays.

Any update on your orders? I have been waiting on mine for about a week so just wondering if there is a current timeframe people are working with.

Any update on your orders? I have been waiting on mine for about a week so just wondering if there is a current timeframe people are working with.
Hi yes! I got my orders at around 2 and a half weeks. I’ll post my updated timeline soon

okay. just based on the calculation they provided in the pre-separation document with the form 1180, I just wondered if they are cutting into your out-processing time given the terminal you have to take and the possibility of the 20 days PTDY.

I received my orders yesterday (12 Feb). My official approved date of separation was uploaded into my surf/career data brief on 8 Feb. I called AFPC yesterday and inquired about my orders and they produced them within a hour.

DOS: 29 March 24

Terminal & permissive: 1-29 March

Final out: 29 Feb

I received my orders yesterday (12 Feb). My official approved date of separation was uploaded into my surf/career data brief on 8 Feb. I called AFPC yesterday and inquired about my orders and they produced them within a hour.

what was the timeframe between you signing your 1180 and getting your DOS in your CDB?

okay. just based on the calculation they provided in the pre-separation document with the form 1180, I just wondered if they are cutting into your out-processing time given the terminal you have to take and the possibility of the 20 days PTDY.
Well on the Pre-Separation worksheet you should’ve signed, it states how many days your command is allowing you for PTDY. Depending on that amount, AFPC will make your DOS with that in mind, plus your terminal, plus 15 days outprocessing

Shouldn’t your final out be before terminal?