When would my effective retirement date be?

campbellSFC

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I will be at 20 years on Sept 28th 2019. I am currently in the MEB process. I have 60 days of leave and 20 PTDY I am trying to figure out what they will count as my out date, cause obviously I am trying to make it to 20. So my question is, will the stop adding my active time during the transition phase, at the end of my Terminal leave or the day I get my orders? By my calculations I will receive orders on Sept 7th (That is based on the Average days of each step leading up to SEC Approval). Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

RaiderX

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
When the time comes you could always request COAD to get you to 20.

Maddog123

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
By my understanding the count AD days until your discharge date. If you have a total of 80 days of leave, you minus that from 28 September, you will have a date of 11 July. So 11 July everything, I mean everything signed and done with IDES, is the date you need to hit. Anything before 11 July you will miss your 20 years. Anything after 11 July, your golden...you will hit your 20 years

campbellSFC

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
By my understanding the count AD days until your discharge date. If you have a total of 80 days of leave, you minus that from 28 September, you will have a date of 11 July. So 11 July everything, I mean everything signed and done with IDES, is the date you need to hit. Anything before 11 July you will miss your 20 years. Anything after 11 July, your golden...you will hit your 20 years

That's what I was looking for, and that's what I thought. I just needed to hear it for self assurance and verification.

Maddog123

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
You are still in the MEB phase. You still have the IPEB and or FBEB phase to go. 11 July is 3 weeks away. Your IPEB phase will take another 2-4 months. Then you still add your leave and PTDY on top of that. You will absolutely make 20 years. My guess and it’s just a guess, you will be at closer to 20.5 years after it’s all said and done.

Maddog123

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I can’t believe they actually put you in for an MEB when you are so close to retirement.

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
If one uses terminal/transition leave in conjunction with retirement, that time is active duty. In other words, you are correct.

Example (my own case).
Retirement date: 1 August 1991
Departed Germany: ~26 May 1991
Processed for retirement at Ft Jackson: 27 May 1991
Departed on leave. 28 May 1991
Leave status: 28 May - 31 July 1991
Paid for active duty: through 31 July 1991
Entered retired status: 1 August 1991

Ron
(Regular Retirement)

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">