WHERE AM I AT IN MY PROCESS?

nicolepowell79

Registered Member
I just got a call from my PEBLO saying I was found unfit, and that the VA has it trying to do the findings. around what time should I receive the findings back?

chaplaincharlie

Staff Member
PEB Forum Lifetime Supporter
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Usually within 45--60 days assuming you have completed your C&P exams.

Warrior644

Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I just got a call from my PEBLO saying I was found unfit, and that the VA has it trying to do the findings. around what time should I receive the findings back?
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

In accordance with DTM-18-004, July 30, 2018 “Revised Timeliness Goals for the Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES),” it states…

"PEB Phase. Complete the PEB phase in no more than 102 days starting on the date the MEB forwards the complete MEB case file and ending on the date the Military Department approves the final results of the disposition decision."

Albeit, the Proposed Disposition IDES stage within the PEB phase states...

"Complete the proposed disposition stage in no more than 5 days starting on the date the D-RAS sends proposed ratings to the PEB and ending on the date the PEB sends the assembled case file to the PEBLO for counseling the Service member."

To that extent, by adding the days associated with the IPEB Stage (11), Proposed Ratings Stage (20), and Proposed Disposition stage (5) of the IDES PEB phase only, it yields a no more than 36 days to complete at least these particular stages of the PEB phase.

Please keep in mind it is DoD policy that "The goal is for the DoD and the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to complete 80 percent of all active duty (AD) and non-active duty (NAD) Service member cases in no more than 230 days." As such, guidance on IDES timeliness goals has a processing time goal effective on July 30, 2018, but will be fully achieved by March 1, 2019.

With all that said, the overall processing of your own individual IDES case file may vary due to the current workload of IDES cases in your specific branch of military service to include the current workload of IDES cases being forwarded by the PEB to its assigned DoVA D-RAS as well. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

nicolepowell79

Registered Member
i heard back from the VA, and they said they sent it back to the PEB for a "Post QA VA". that I would get my findings back in 2 weeks to sign, then I will get my new EAS. Any additional information I need to know?

nicolepowell79

Registered Member
Usually within 45--60 days assuming you have completed your C&P exams.
i heard back from the VA, and they said they sent it back to the PEB for a "Post QA VA". that I would get my findings back in 2 weeks to sign, then I will get my new EAS. Any additional information I need to know?

chaplaincharlie

Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
  1. Think before you sign. Perhaps wait a day or two.
  2. With the VA proposal, know if your ratings are permanent or temporary.
  3. Consider all your options (VARR, FPEB).
  4. Consult legal counsel if you have any questions.

nicolepowell79

Registered Member
Sir, I got word back from the PEB. It was sent to my PEBLO today. I signed my ratings today. How long until my EAS publishes?

jonest28

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Sir, I got word back from the PEB. It was sent to my PEBLO today. I signed my ratings today. How long until my EAS publishes?
I got my findings Jan 31 and still have no EAS. I did call the guy in hqmc that does it and he said he has yet to receive my paperwork from the PEB. They are rather slow from what he said, but what he was able to do was give me an estimate of my new EAS. From the day they get your paperwork. its Leave balance + 20 days PTAD. If it falls before the 14th is the last day of the previous month, after the 14th its the last day of that month. It's like that for sure if your being retired, but i would assume separation would work the same way too.

nicolepowell79

Registered Member
I got my findings Jan 31 and still have no EAS. I did call the guy in hqmc that does it and he said he has yet to receive my paperwork from the PEB. They are rather slow from what he said, but what he was able to do was give me an estimate of my new EAS. From the day they get your paperwork. its Leave balance + 20 days PTAD. If it falls before the 14th is the last day of the previous month, after the 14th its the last day of that month. It's like that for sure if your being retired, but i would assume separation would work the same way too.
I signed my findings last monday. And I called the PEB this morning and they finished my case today and gave me my index number. Then I called hqmc and they said they received it this afternoon, that they are running my number in diaries tonight and it should be posted by Wednesday. Just keep calling them.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">