Where Am I At?

Wombocom90

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello, Today I learned how to use the IDES dashboard on AKO, and it has me both excited and totally confused.

It lists all of the steps and the days completed, and it looks like i'm way ahead of schedule, which is awesome, but for the last month, I have been waiting on my "unfit memo" from the PEB. I call my PEBLO every week just to check in, and yesterday he told me "still waiting".

Well on the dashboard, the Informal PEB was complete on SEP 01, and the VA ratings was complete on SEP 09. Since then, I've been pending on the PEB findings. I've been stressing about being found fit after seeing the horror stories on here. I've heard that a fast VA turn around is bad news, but also that if it even goes to the VA it means I was found unfit.

My PEBLO doesn't really tell me what's going on, and my check ins are literally "Still waiting -- click" There's not a lot of communication (Which I expected), but I feel like I should have gotten something back by now.

Referral| Completed 07/12/2017
greenCheck.png

VA Claims Completed 07/13/2017
greenCheck.png

Medical Exam Completed 08/01/2017
greenCheck.png

Medical Evaluation Board Completed 08/11/2017
greenCheck.png

Informal PEB Completed 09/01/2017
redX.png

VA Rating Completed 09/09/2017
greenCheck.png

soldierIcon.png
PEB Findings Pending -- Goal:12 Actual:9 ~Current date 09/20/2017

If anyone has any input i'd appreciate it. I know the process is long and frustrating, I just like to be prepared, and maybe someone out there might be in a similar situation.

Thank you :)

If the PEB sent your stuff to the VA for ratings, you have been found UNFIT. You can ask the VA to send you those by fax after ten days. Your PEBLO will contact you when they receive your stuff from the PEB.

It took me a month to get my PEB findings back after receiving my ratings. based on your timeline you have a few weeks before the peblo calls you back in to sign your 199 or appeal the PEB findings. if you do not appeal at the PEB level and sign your 199 you will then have to wait another month or so to receive your orders and a release or retirement date based on your specific case then transition leave and what not. , I have a few buddies that are ahead of me by month or and its been pretty accurate for a bragg timeline. you should be getting a call from your peblo in a cpl weeks hopefully (if the system is not backlogged). Hope that helps.

If the PEB sent your stuff to the VA for ratings, you have been found UNFIT. You can ask the VA to send you those by fax after ten days. Your PEBLO will contact you when they receive your stuff from the PEB.

Thank you very much for the response! So if the numbers are correct, technically I should be able to have the VA fax me the ratings tomorrow! What a crazy process! Thank you again!

It took me a month to get my PEB findings back after receiving my ratings. based on your timeline you have a few weeks before the peblo calls you back in to sign your 199 or appeal the PEB findings. if you do not appeal at the PEB level and sign your 199 you will then have to wait another month or so to receive your orders and a release or retirement date based on your specific case then transition leave and what not. , I have a few buddies that are ahead of me by month or and its been pretty accurate for a bragg timeline. you should be getting a call from your peblo in a cpl weeks hopefully (if the system is not backlogged). Hope that helps.

Thanks for your reply!! I know I still have some time to go, hopefully I can get separated by the holidays before everything gets really blocked up. Another member mentioned getting the ratings faxed from the VA, I can do this before the PEBLO has me sign the 199? Since I thought the 199 was the VA ratings determination. Thank you again! Very big help!

@Wombocom90 that sounds about right. You're almost done! I would make sure the DOD applies the same rating percentage to your unfitting conditions (hear a lot of times they don't). I would advise you to bring the faxed ratings with you when you go to sign your findings with your PEBLO.

How do you contact VA??

Your VAMSC should have provided you with POC info when you had your interview and filled out the documents with them for your claim. Best of luck.