Where am I in the process

I’m getting more and more anxious and annoyed with how long my case has been at the VA compared to other people in this forum I check ebenefits and vets.gov at least 3 times a day and every single time it’s the same thing, gathering of evidence still. It’s been there a month and I really just wish they would finish the ratings and send it back already since I know it’s backed up at the PEB. I just really want to be able to plan for the holidays on whether I’ll be out by then or if I should take leave or not. Even calling the VA they don’t seem to understand that it’s not a normal claim and that it’s an IDES claim so the guy tried telling me they were waiting on my DD-214 to finish the claim. My claim might be a little more complex than others but holy shit I’m ready for this process to be over already.

I’m getting more and more anxious and annoyed with how long my case has been at the VA compared to other people in this forum I check ebenefits and vets.gov at least 3 times a day and every single time it’s the same thing, gathering of evidence still. It’s been there a month and I really just wish they would finish the ratings and send it back already since I know it’s backed up at the PEB. I just really want to be able to plan for the holidays on whether I’ll be out by then or if I should take leave or not. Even calling the VA they don’t seem to understand that it’s not a normal claim and that it’s an IDES claim so the guy tried telling me they were waiting on my DD-214 to finish the claim. My claim might be a little more complex than others but holy shit I’m ready for this process to be over already.
have you asked the va if they received your IDES referred claim from the PEB yet?

I don't blame you for feeling frustrated. I would be too. When you go on ebenefits, be sure to check the historical section, because I would have never known that my claim closed if I didn't look there. Can you get in touch with your MSC and find out what exactly they are waiting on? I know you mentioned something about waiting on a document from another office? Maybe you can find out what office is holding things up and call them?

have you asked the va if they received your IDES referred claim from the PEB yet?
Yes they have had it since Oct 5th and when I called and asked the VA the guy completely ignored the fact that I said IDES and said they were waiting on my DD-214 and so I went to my peblo and was told they were working on it on Oct 27th but I guess didn’t finish it

I don't blame you for feeling frustrated. I would be too. When you go on ebenefits, be sure to check the historical section, because I would have never known that my claim closed if I didn't look there. Can you get in touch with your MSC and find out what exactly they are waiting on? I know you mentioned something about waiting on a document from another office? Maybe you can find out what office is holding things up and call them?
Alright I’ll look there again hopefully something has changed and the guy I talked to just didn’t know what he was talking about I guess because he meant they were waiting on my DD-214

@USMC.JCA ,
My case closed at the VA on Oct 27, went historical on Ebenifits as well. PEB received my package back from VA on Monday at 1330. I have been in contact with a Civilian at the PEB all week. I was informed there are about 700 claims at the QA stage currently being reviewed. After some calls back and forth, I found out the the reviewers have broken all the claims down by location they came from and are working them that way. As I understand the process, this is unusual as normally they are reviewed first come first serve. I know they have new teams at the PEB as of recent and are trying to get through the backlog from this summer. I am thinking from memory of your other post, that your package would have been routed through Camp Lejeune IDES center. As of Thursday, there were 20 claims from that location in total at this stage. All 20 were checked out ( in regards to the PEB computer system) and in the hands of the reviewers. I was told my package would be done and sent back by Monday morning. Then again, I was told "tomorrow" last Wednesday and Thursday. Anyways, we are close, very close. You should see your results this coming week.
I can't begin to express the level of anxiety and stress this process has inflicted upon me, so I understand the desparity. Good luck to you and all others here!

@Broken1345 Have you heard anything yet?

@jessylynn and @W0331F - Any updates on your cases?

My findings Proposed ratings were sent back from the VA on the 6th, so I'm waiting on my PEBLO to call me. But I got a copy from my MSC this morning. 80% which I am very pleased with. The only part I'm not happy about is they claimed the numbness in my right foot that started AFTER 2 injections in my knee when the doctor 'may have hit a nerve' wasn't military related.... But yes, they were sent out so now it's just a wait for the phone call. How long did it take from notifications sent to you guys getting a call from your PEBLO?

My findings Proposed ratings were sent back from the VA on the 6th, so I'm waiting on my PEBLO to call me. But I got a copy from my MSC this morning. 80% which I am very pleased with. The only part I'm not happy about is they claimed the numbness in my right foot that started AFTER 2 injections in my knee when the doctor 'may have hit a nerve' wasn't military related.... But yes, they were sent out so now it's just a wait for the phone call. How long did it take from notifications sent to you guys getting a call from your PEBLO?
once your proposed ratings are done at the VA they have to go back to the PEB. the PEB will then make the decision on your dod rating, tdrl/pdrl, etc. It is taking the PEB anywhere from 2 week to 4 weeks or so to get your DOD ratings complete and sent to the PEBLO

Just checked ebenefits, and went from reviewing evidence to preparation for decision. so any day now.

That's awesome that you got your proposed rating! I haven't had any luck getting anyone from the VA to tell me what my rating is. I'm hoping it comes in the mail soon!

That's awesome that you got your proposed rating! I haven't had any luck getting anyone from the VA to tell me what my rating is. I'm hoping it comes in the mail soon!
You can call an request it be faxed to you. they cant email it but can fax it!

You can call an request it be faxed to you. they cant email it but can fax it!
I am under the impression that you have to wait ten days before they will fax it. I'm going to try tomorrow since that will be my ten day mark. Does anyone know if it's supposed to be ten business days?

I am under the impression that you have to wait ten days before they will fax it. I'm going to try tomorrow since that will be my ten day mark. Does anyone know if it's supposed to be ten business days?
they faxed mine to me the day my case closed

hopefully some of us hear progress this week before the holidays officially begin next week! stay hopeful and lets have one others backs as much as we can!
many of us have had our proposed ratings complete and are waiting for the dod to complete our dod ratings to send back to the peblo. each of us can provide our timelines with updates to give an estimated amount of time this is taking.

my most recent timeline is as follows.
16JUN: Began PEB out of East Coast (NMCP)
08SEP: All exams complete/NARSUM signed/ Package sent to D.C.
30OCT: VA completed proposed ratings and faxed over proposed ratings package to me- 100% VA
???- not exactly sure how long it takes for the PEB to receive proposed ratings from the VA
???- not sure how long it is taking the PEB to finalize DOD ratings and send back to PEBLO

VA closed my case today not sure how long it will take for PEB to receive findings. Will keep updated.

hopefully some of us hear progress this week before the holidays officially begin next week! stay hopeful and lets have one others backs as much as we can!
many of us have had our proposed ratings complete and are waiting for the dod to complete our dod ratings to send back to the peblo. each of us can provide our timelines with updates to give an estimated amount of time this is taking.

my most recent timeline is as follows.
16JUN: Began PEB out of East Coast (NMCP)
08SEP: All exams complete/NARSUM signed/ Package sent to D.C.
30OCT: VA completed proposed ratings and faxed over proposed ratings package to me- 100% VA
???- not exactly sure how long it takes for the PEB to receive proposed ratings from the VA
???- not sure how long it is taking the PEB to finalize DOD ratings and send back to PEBLO

how did you have your proposed ratings faxed to you? they wont fax mine to me said they sent out a letter? although i do not have a fax how did you gets yours faxed to you. Do you have an app?

how did you have your proposed ratings faxed to you? they wont fax mine to me said they sent out a letter? although i do not have a fax how did you gets yours faxed to you. Do you have an app?
i called the VA directly at the 800 number and told them for PEB purposes i needed my ratings faxed to me instead of waiting for them to arrive in the mail. i had no problem with the lady on the phone. she was very nice. id call and keep calling until you get someone new who will fax them.