Why would USAA have incorrect info?

Vet3050

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
A few years ago I asked USAA for an auto insurance quote. They said that because I had a General discharge, I did not qualify. To be clear, I have never had anything other than a full Honorable discharge. As in, it wasn't originally General and then appealed to Honorable. It has been Honorable since the day I was discharged and is clear on my DD214.

Needless to say, I was rather taken aback that they would have blatantly wrong information and on that basis I did not consider them reliable enough to even consider their quote for insurance. Anyone else have this issue either with USAA or another group where they had misinformation that wasn't outdated but outright untrue?

oddpedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
See what id.me says since so many businesses are using them to screen for online verification of veteran eligibility.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
See what id.me says since so many businesses are using them to screen for online verification of veteran eligibility.

My guess is you hit the nail on the head, @oddpedestrian. USAA does not have a special relationship with the military, in terms of record access.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">