Wife kicked out of C&P exam

DRUM WT

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I read several threads that talk about a Soldier being able to have someone present at the VA exam. I took my wife along because during two separate instances of BH related hospitalizations she was the one making the calls, the drives, committing me into care to literally save me from myself. I have horrible recollection of events leading up to these two event, my state of mind was focused on odd things like why is gas so high, or scared to death to drive to work or home because the car might break ( yes crazy thoughts to obsess about).

When we got to the VA exam my wife was told she could wait in the waiting room or come back when I called to get me. She assumed I made the mistake, I told the examiner I wanted her present, and why. The examiner lied to both of us and said she could not come in and that her office/exam room was too small. I let it go, said goodbye to my wife and didn't want to fight with the woman who was about to do my exam. I did put up a small insistence saying I had a right to have someone else present. Long story short, my C&P results are in and my NARSUM is getting the wrath of my red pen, I'm requesting an independent medical review and I want to add that my wife was literally not allowed. Where is a reg or written right that states I was allowed to have someone else present? The room had two chairs and the exam table...do the math, three of us would have fit. Examiner stated midway through the exam that she doesn't allow spouses because they interrupt her work and ask or volunteer irrelevant info.

I'm so pissed right now. I have four unfitting conditions but the exam notes play them down so much that the wording sets me up for the lowest ratings, some of the stuff is blatantly contradicted by my medical records! help! My examiner f--ked me!

If she is your designated "guardian," she shouldn't have been kicked out. I will look around and see if I can find something.

The Caregiver support line (1-855-260-3274 ) and Web site (www.

caregiver.va.gov ) provides general information on caregiver ser
vices.

For questions on caregiver eligibility or to apply for benefits
contact the VA Health Administration Center for information at 1-877-733-7927, or visit www.va.gov/hac.

This is from the VA's Benifit book. I know this doesn't directly answer the question, but maybe the above contacts will help.

http://www1.va.gov/opa/publications/benefits_book/federal_benefits.pdf

Thanks for your service!

My C&P exam was so bad that I went to patient advocate and complained. I found out there had been a lot of complaints so the base decide to contract out to another company. VA reconsideration isn't the only option out there to get your C&P exams redone. They redone my exams without having to do a VA reconsideration. Hope the best for you!