Will my orders not come out till I do the TAPS capstone?

vaquestionanonymous

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Got ratings a week ago and signed. I have the capstone session scheduled for Jan 9th. Will they not even make my orders till I do the capstone session, or may they drop my orders with a possible date before Jan 9th?

Got ratings a week ago and signed. I have the capstone session scheduled for Jan 9th. Will they not even make my orders till I do the capstone session, or may they drop my orders with a possible date before Jan 9th?
Oders from the PEB take 30 days, then a retirement date is negotiated based on leave, PTDY.... So you should in all likelihood be good for you Capstone.

I signed for my ratings yesterday and have TAPS 7-11 Jan, my PEBLO said my orders will most likely drop before then.

I am seeing orders drop randomly with no rhyme or reason. Friend of mine appealed to the FPEB and got her orders about a week and a half later, some are still waiting going on two weeks and then I saw someone get orders the same day. You TAP should have no bearing on when you get your orders though, its more so for your out processing rather than receiving orders.

I signed for my ratings on Wednesday and got my orders today.

Does anyone know if box 13 on orders (effective date) is the date of separation, or is that the day I start terminal leave and PTDY?

If this date is for when I begin terminal leave and PTDY, when will I find out when my last day of active duty is?