Would this be a symptom?

Navysnipe

PEB Forum Regular Member
I received an injury about 3 years ago that while being documented(labeled sciatica and nothing else) the doc at my prior command never ordered an xray or mri. After transfer to a new command I had further problems with my back and after finally getting the Xray and MRI done I found I had 4 damaged Disks in my back as well as a curvature in my thoratic spine . Anyhow ever since the Incident I have sometimes had a hard time with speaking particular words in a sentence (example- say I was pointing at a notebook and not remembering the term "notebook") like I had forgotten what it was called. another example is phone numbers, simple 7 digit number or even shorter, someone telling me a phone number or a combo for a lock, I resort to having the person slowly individually repeat them to me as I try to write them down(this sometimes takes about 3-4 tries). Other things include trying to listen to someone, while hearing the words clearly, only recognizing only about 2-3 and asking the person to repeat themselves. The Injury that did damage to my spine was incurred by me being thrown out of my coxswain chair a rough seastate (27 ft boat in 16-18 ft sea at around 01-0200 doing training support operations), I impacted with my neck and head on the overhead then thrown down to be greeted by the rising coxswain seat which I broke as I hit. Could this possibly be signs of TBI and should I be asking for a consult to determine if indeed I had received this. These things don't happen all the time and should I be concerned?

Yes! You should get a neurological work-up. This will help with your benefits, but more importantly, you could have a serious health issue.

I hope all goes well for you.