WPW and PSVT

Ullose272

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Last june i was diagnosed with WPW and PSVT. i was having PSVT events every 2 months or so with near syncope. i had an ablation in august that seemed to fix it until i had another event in December. Is this something that would be found unfit if i am continuing to have PSVT events? i dont really want another ablation if i only have 2-3 a year after the ablation, i just got done wearing a 30 day monitor that i dont think caught anything, im waiting for those results to see my cardiologist or my EP.

ive also been having shortness of breath issues that at first they thought was due to the WPW, but continued after, so since then i have had a PFT and an at home sleep study which found borderline asthma and OSA. i was given an inhaler and had a pulmonologist appointment, hes doesnt think i have asthma but maybe exercise induced, but also suspects a heart PFO or ASD. so i have some more tests coming up for that, and an actual appointment with sleep medicine.

eerf123

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I’m a former PSVT and ablation patient as well. I had a couple ablutions done about ten years ago. At the time they just IRILOd me and returned me to duty.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Multiple ablations are not uncommon. If you are continuing to experience syncope/near syncope please ask your PCM to refer you to an electrophysiologist.

Ullose272

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thanks for the responses, prior to ablation my episodes were near syncope, ive only had one since and i just got light headed. I just got done wearing a 30 day holter and they didnt catch any svt, but they said i had sinus tachy. Also had a bubble study yesterday looking for a pfo or asd, so we will see what they say

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">