Wrist Injury - Service Connection

OverqualifiedNavy

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
All,

While I was in the Navy I did a lot of painting and then a lot of sitting watch at a computer ops console. While I was painting my wrist got stuck between the ship and a metal bar while painting over the side. I was seen by a Doc in Bahrain for minor sprain issue then released with 24 hours of SIQ.

I filed for this issed due to my VA Rep telling me its worth a try to get rated.
The VA saw the evidence of this visit in my record but did not rate it. However, they listed it as being reviewd below my rated service connected issues. I received this decision a year ago.

Now, for the past 6 months my wrist has been killing me. I have gone to the VA doc and am going to start Physical Therepy and get X-Rays for my wrist next month.

Can I get set up to get this service connected as a 5214 now that I am having some real problems with pain and numbness (most likely carpul tunnel)?

5214 Wrist, ankylosis of:

Unfavorable, in any degree of palmar flexion, or with
ulnar or radial deviation...................................................... 50......... 40
Any other position, except favorable.................................... 40......... 30
Favorable in 20º to 30º dorsiflexion..................................... 30......... 20

Note: Extremely unfavorable ankylosis will be rated as loss of use of hands under diagnostic code 5125.

5215 Wrist, limitation of motion of:

Dorsiflexion less than 15º...................................................... 10.......... 10
Palmar flexion limited in line with forearm............................... 10.......... 10

Any answers would be a great help!