WTU/Mandatory Removal Date

crsdsabers

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Hi,
I'm in a quandary. I am a USAR Soldier, mobilized for the last three years (CONUS) who was given ADME orders from Office of the Surgeon General/Army G1, based on back surgery date, neck injury, depression, and foot injury, on 09 DEC 2010. My orders expire 06 JUN 2011. My mandatory removal date (twice passed over for LTC) is 30 JUN. My case manager advises me that I can be extended, based on Consolidated WTU Guidance, beyond MRD.

If I'm extended beyond MRD (because back surgery wasn't succesful), can I still be medically retired? Or, will I just be medically discharged w/ severance? Difference is really TRICARE for life.

Thanks,

Update... My PCM gave me PULHES 133111 as a result of a failed back surgery on 04 JAN and problems with a neck surgery (ROM) from three years ago. I'm MEB/PEB bound. MTF S1 is requesting 180 day extension and I've been assigned a PEBLO. Jason is right that the majority of responsibility for ensuring appropriate documentation is on me. I'm working it. WTU personnel are heroes in my book and really looking out for Soldiers.

This happened to a buddy of mine in the WTU. Passed over for LTC and USAR changed his MRD from 2014 to 30 June 2010. Be careful and watch your DFAS/LES. The Army thought he was retired and cut retirement orders for 30 June 2010. He did not get paid until July 2010, when the WTU made some phone calls. The WTU was very helpful in getting things straight and he got all his backpay with two weeks.

He is still on orders.

Thanks for the tip on pay. I'm really in a jam if DFAS drops me as I don't have 20 "good" retirement years in USAR and am not eligible for AC retirement. I'll keep an eye on my LES.

Thanks,

Update: I got my orders through 02 DEC 2011. My MEB Doc has finished my NARSUM and is passing around for signature. I've gone over it with him and I believe that it captures all my issues. I'll watch what's going on w/ DFAS as 30 JUN (MRD) nears.