2013 Bills Chapter 61

commosgt

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I highly recommend all Chapter 61 Retiree's take a look at the link below. Once you get there make sure you are viewing the "action center" HR 333 and 303 are back on the hot seat. I am trying to cool off after a hell of year 2012 and will keep political crap off this board. But I will say this it takes lottie dottie everybody in all 50 states to inform your political figures that this needs passing! Don't complain if you don't!

http://www.capwiz.com/fra/home/

Wow! I thought there would be more of a response to this. I for one am jumping up and down at the possibility of this passing. I have already forwarded the capwiz site to most of my friends.

If anyone has any more perspective on this, please chime in.

Fiasco007,

The election year and promises that were made that never happened took a lot out of everyone including me. You would think there would be more especially when the count of 350K plus chapter 61 retirees are denied there retirement. I would say more but I will refrain!

Fiasco007,

The election year and promises that were made that never happened took a lot out of everyone including me. You would think there would be more especially when the count of 350K plus chapter 61 retirees are denied there retirement. I would say more but I will refrain!

Exactly right. Currently I am sitting at 19 years, and waiting for my SAF appeal to come back. I am trying everything I can to stretch this out one more year. I'll be a ch 61 retiree, so this is big news for me.

Currently I am stationed in Guam, so i'm not always up to speed on all the recent developments. Any updates you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I highly recommend all Chapter 61 Retiree's take a look at the link below. Once you get there make sure you are viewing the "action center" HR 333 and 303 are back on the hot seat. I am trying to cool off after a hell of year 2012 and will keep political crap off this board. But I will say this it takes lottie dottie everybody in all 50 states to inform your political figures that this needs passing! Don't complain if you don't!

http://www.capwiz.com/fra/home/

also; February 7, 2013 Nevada Senator Harry Reid today introduced The Retired Pay Restoration Act of 2013 (S.234) - “This legislation addresses an injustice against 625,000 disabled veterans across the country face,” said Reid. “For the past 122 years, Congress has repeatedly forced the bravest men and women in our nation – retired, career veterans – to forfeit dollar-for-dollar their retirement pay if they also receive disability pay for an injury that occurred in the line of duty. This is simply wrong, and we owe it to our veterans to do better.

also; February 7, 2013 Nevada Senator Harry Reid today introduced The Retired Pay Restoration Act of 2013 (S.234) - “This legislation addresses an injustice against 625,000 disabled veterans across the country face,” said Reid. “For the past 122 years, Congress has repeatedly forced the bravest men and women in our nation – retired, career veterans – to forfeit dollar-for-dollar their retirement pay if they also receive disability pay for an injury that occurred in the line of duty. This is simply wrong, and we owe it to our veterans to do better.

http://www.reid.senate.gov/pr_02071...full_disability_compensation_for_veterans.cfm