A Good Year...Happy Birthday PEBFORUM

Jason Perry

Founder and Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
A year ago, I started this site to help those going through the MEB/PEB process. If you don't know, I was a JAG assigned to represent Soldiers at their forml PEB hearings. I was shocked by the fact that so many were coming to the PEB without very basic information about what the basis of ratings are, what rights they have, and what evidence would help their case. I thought I would do something about that and so, I established the Physical Evaluation Board Forum.

Initially, the site was very stripped down, we had a small flag icon as the header and we had very few members. (This is a view of the site on June 28, 2007....38 members! Physical Evaluation Board Forum - Powered by vBulletin). Back then, it was mainly me posting my observations and very few members posting questions.

In less than a year we have registered over 1,100 members and continue to grow. Our daily visits have grown more than 400% in that time and now we have many more members asking questions and even better, sharing their own experiences.

I thought I would share this brief history and give some thoughts on the future of this site. First, I want to continue to grow, to reach out to and help all those who need the information here. Second, I want to improve the features on the site. In the near future, I will be installing a blog function and will be making other improvements. Finally, I want to eventually grow to the point where we can have a voice for making policy changes. I have observed some improvements in the Physical Disability Evaluation Sytem and at the Physical Evaluation Board. However, there are still strides to be made. There are individual conditions that are still not being rated correctly, presumptions not followed, decisions not explained and a disturbing recent trend in fit findings that I think can only be explained as seeking to avoid paying injured Servicemembers.

This site is all about you, the members, so I thank you for being part of this community and am excited to see what the next year holds in store for us.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PHYSICAL EVALUATION BOARD FORUM!!!

Jason,

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to all the military personnel you are helping. It is great to find someone such as yourself that is willing to give so much.

You said it all, Jason. Thanks so much for your efforts, and everyone needs to reach into their hearts and pocket books to keep this site up, and moving forward. (Those are my words and in no way represent Jason or the PEB forum, just a suggestion). Thanks so much for the PEB Forum!!! Jim H:)

Thank you for the kind words. It is a great feeling to help others through this imperfect, difficult process at the PEB. I ask all members to pass this site to others who might benefit. The goal is that no one goes to a PEB without realizing what the rating criteria is and what should be happening in their case.

One very productive year under this forums belt and many, many more to follow. :D

Jason, at the rate this site's growing, hopefully we'll meet your goals here much sooner than later!