Accident-Injury While Deployed

Ben Echmeyer

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I was on an interdiction mission in Iraq in 2008 when I had an accident that resulted in a significant injury to my hand. I was medevac‘d and taken yto the hospital in Tikrit where they stapled my hand. I am rated for the scar and additional problems with the hand. Should this injury qualify for CRSC? Thanks.

You don't provide details about the accident, so your question is not answerable.

You don't provide details about the accident, so your question is not answerable.
I hurt my hand while on mission, not directly caused by enemy action. I provided a detailed background of the situation in my previous post. More direct description follows: My lock blade knife folded when cutting up ice our FID partners brought us. We had been drinking HOT water for three days, so it wasn’t certainly welcome. It was embarrassing, so I would have preferred to avoid that level of detail. But that is what happened…It was nasty, cut right through the nerve. I didn’t even feel it til my TL said something. It was gaping open.

I do not believe CRSC would be approved.

IBS is presumptive.
Unfortunately your injury doesn't meet the standards. An injury happens downrange must have combat nexus to qualify.