Admin vs Med Sep'd Questions

jdmchic00

PEB Forum Regular Member
Long story short, my husband has had chest pains since April of 09'. His arms go numb.. etc. He was on light duty, limited light duty and the docs here on base ran tests. We were sent out in town to a cardio doc who prescribed him Nitro. That was the only med to help. Well, all of his test came back with nothing. He has a family history of cardiac problems hence why they tested. The docs at balboa took him off nitro right away so he's been just dealing with the pain. Well, since the doc couldn't find anything conclusive, she put him back on full duty and said that if he still complained about it, she would send him to med board.

Well, his chest pains have been getting a lot worst so I told him to go to bas. He did and saw a different doc at the hospital. She said, "Oh, it's just chest wall pains. I'll set up the paperwork but you won't get disability and it'll be an admin sep."

My question is he still has a year and some change on his contract... will he get severance pay? If he does get admin sep'd, will it be an honorable discharge? He's never gotten into any trouble. How long does the process usually take?

thanks for the help.

jdmchic00,

Welcome! I can't think of a reason why chest pains would be non-compensable or just and "admin sep." It certainly sounds like a disability and, absent other information, he should be sent to an MEB and PEB, not ad sep'd.

Thanks.. this board is full of very helpful information.

From all that I've read, that's what I was thinking. This just happened yesterday, that he seen the new doc, but when can we go to legal about the issue? Or can we?

OH. added info....

he's never been in trouble. at all. but when we was on light duty, limited duty board, etc.. he couldn't PT at all. He tried.. lord knows I made him try but he gained weight. I even got him to see a nutritionist. Now he's overweight by 20lbs. He ran a 1st class PFT a few months back.. it almost killed him but he did it. About a month ago, they were trying to put him on BCP. I wonder how this is going to go with everything. He runs PT but he falls out because of the pain.

SO.. we're still fighting this issue.

Last night, my hubby went to the ER because of chest pains. Since this post, they put him on BCP but they didn't follow procedure (didn't get evaluated by MO or get any health assessment and no labs were done), he's on LDB awaiting for his doc to send his paperwork for med board.

The Doc he seen last night gave him a diagnosis of Prinzmetal's Angina. He's to take nitro as needed as well as another med (calcium channel blocker).

What does this mean for his career? Could he still be med sep'd???????