AKO Reactivation

AvnSgt

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
For those SMs in the Army that have been medically separated and later retired, I have been working on an issue that seems to be plaguing most of us, AKO reactivation. It seems that some records are not being forwarded to Army HRC at Fr Knox, and therefore retired SMs are not being added back to the Total Army Personnel Database, which controls AKO. There seems to be a simple fix for this issue and it entails the SM or the RSO representing the SM sending the new DD215 w/ DD214 to [email protected], and notifying HRC of the SM's retirement. At this point HRC is suppose to add the retiree to the database, and AKO can then grant access the SM.

This information was provide to me from Army HRC at Ft. Knox, and I am working with my RSO to complete the process now.

Make sure you get your retirement ceremony, retirement certificates, and your flag!

Make sure you get your retirement ceremony, retirement certificates, and your flag!

Not sure that I will get a retirement ceremony, as I don't have any unit affiliation in my local area. However, I think the RSO will take care of the retirement cert, and flag. But, I am not totally sure about this.

AvnSgt,

The unit affiliation has nothing to do with it. My last duty station was in Virginia and my retirement ceremony was at Ft. Sam Houston. The RSO is supposed to inform the retirement section and they schedule your ceremony! Now it is up to you whether you want to do this or not. For some it is important for others it is not! Remember your choice!

Thanks for clarifying CommoSgt. I will have to inquire further with my RSO at MacDil AFB.