did not know my unit sent my stuff to IPEB

hey guys,
just looking for some input on this issue. i have'nt heard s#!t on my stuff since my MEB came back in JAN. i went into my unit the other day to check on my stuff, since the e-9 who was mis-handeling my case retired and no one was returning my calls. i found out that my stuff got sent to my PEBLO, which i was unaware that i had one:mad: and was being sent to the IPEB. i e-mailed the guy. he got back to me right away. here's his reply. i'm crazy right now. any info. would be GREATLY appreciated!
Good Afternoon Sir,
I am the Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Officer for the northeast. I
have your package on my desk. However, due to processing delays, the file
is not ready to be forwarded to AFPC for final determination.
I was pleased to read your message as the doctor's paperwork expires 30 days
from the time he/she writes it and by the time I receive it, it is all
overdue, rendering me unable to submit it. If there are changes to your
condition, we should not be able to submit your package yet anyhow. If we
were to press on, we would be sending an incomplete picture of your medical
condition. This could either skew the results, or cause complications in
processing your case. So the PEB requires that your condition is stable and
relatively inactive prior to submission.
The only thing that I would need, for tracking purposes only, is who are the
docs that you're seeing for workup, and the dates of your appointments.
Also, who is your primary care manager? Do you guys go to Newport for
routine care, or are you just popping in there when you need MEB paperwork
completed?
I'm just trying to get a picture of how things work medically down there
because once your case goes over 120 days, I will have to report a reason to
my MAJCOM. And if your situation is not stable enough, that will is a valid
reason, but I'd need substantiating information to give them. Also, I am
having a hell of a time coordinating with Newport to get the information on
time, and if I know who you are seeing down there and when, I can pester
them until they give me what I need...
And you can have people submit letters anytime you would like. Typically, once your package is ready for submission, you will have to sign an AF Form
618 acknowledging the MEB. And you have up until 72 hours after receiving
the AF Form 618 to submit letters on your behalf. But if you would like to
submit them sooner, that would be just fine too.
If you have any questions, comments, and/or concerns as this process rolls
on, please feel free to contact me.

Deep breaths man, deep breaths. At least the PEBLO seems like he's on it. Sounds concerned for your situation and willing to point out the parts of the system that he sees are broke. As for the unit,...I don't know what to say. Some times I wonder if I am the first med board my unit has ever seen when they do stuff,...it looks like your unit has similar problems. I hope it all works out for you- in this case it looks like you caught up with everything in time to affect the outcome. Good luck and keep us posted man!

thanks shamus,
yeah yoaur right he seems like he's on it and concerned so i guess that's a good thing. i told him the issues that i've had w/all this in the past and hopefully between him and i i think we will be able to pick up the slack.

Rob, I thought the MEB was good for 90 days, not 30. As far as changes to your condition, that is a judgement call you may have to make to determine if the paperwork that is already in place is reasonably adequate to represent your present condition.. My IPEB found my conditon unstable for rating purposes and gave me a 40% rating, with TDRL. It is surprising that one person is the PEBLO for an entire region of the country, since most of the bases I have seen have one. (I know you are from a small base like me). It sounds like your paperwork is at Randolph, my IPEB took 35 days, if that helps. After the IPEB comes back, MAParker told me you have 10 days to decide not three like they told me. (Doublecheck that). I hope this helps in some small way and please e-mail sometime. Jim H

Rob,

Sorry to hear about all that. I was so confused about everything and I finally found the regs...I think it was last night or the night before...so I just read about the 90 days..AFI 36-3212: 2.1 references AFI 48-123 and states "documentation sent to the PEB for adjudication must not be over 90 days old when received at AFPC."

Is that helpful??? My PEBLO talked about my narrative only being 30days old, but it was at least 45 days old when it was sent out 2 weeks ago. So :confused:.

Call me if you need to vent or just want to chat.

Remember the 3 C's. Cool-Calm-Collected. You can't afford to let your back get tight. ( Now I'm sounding like a medic)...

You are on top of it. now you know the situation and can remedy it. It's all good.

Like a friend of mine once told me,

Stay Strong!!!

Chinook

Robs,

This sounds confusing... Your MEB came back in Jan, yet the PEBLO hasn't forwarded your case to IPEB? I wasn't clear if he was asking you if your condition was stable, or telling you that your case wasn't moving because it is not stable.

All that being said, generally, it is good to have more time to identify issues and try to gather more evidence. It sounds like you should get some resolution soon, due to the 120 days issue. If I am tracking from what he said, they will hold off on your case if you tell them you are not stable. It sounds like you have the option of trying to move the case or slow it up. I would say, if you feel good about the amount of evidence you have, then I see no reason to hold off on the MEB. However, if you need more evidence, it looks like you now have more time to gather.

Holy way to keep you informed, Batman! It sounds like you can finally get the ball rolling back uphill again, so hopefully you're ready. ;)

Did they tell you when it got sent to the PEBLO, why your PEBLO never tried to contact you, or why your command never gave you word that your PEBLO was trying to get in touch with you?

Tucci,
Sounds like things are getting out of hand up there man. Remember I'm down to talk if need be but don't be afraid of contacting your congressman if it really starts getting out of hand and have a congressional complaint ready to send because they are messing up your paper work. The same thing happened to one of my friends someone dropped the ball and it never really recovered it. So I called his congressman and things were taken care of. Just remember the support options you do have out there.

-Stay Strong Brother
Hayden