FLAG question

Kenneth

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have been flagged for being overweight since Novemeber. I am currently waiting on my unfit memo. Once I receive my unfit memo can I use that to have my unit remove my FLAG. My big issue is since Im flagged for being overweight I cannot transfer my Post 911 gi bill to my kids. I talked to my doc and he said the meds ive been on are known to cause weight gain, ie antideppresant meds. I have combed thru the regs but cannot get any clariffication. Anyone have any advice.

Assuming u r in the Army, the regs state that taking meds is not a reason good enough not to be flagged! So u may get flagged but they probably wont be able to start a chapter. As to how the 9-11 piece, I dunno.

Assuming u r in the Army, the regs state that taking meds is not a reason good enough not to be flagged! So u may get flagged but they probably wont be able to start a chapter. As to how the 9-11 piece, I dunno.

Sorry to say, but chapo is right. The medication can prevent the unit from enrolling you into the weight control program, but they are still required to flag you. As far as transferring your benefits, go to the SFAC and get them to help you. You can also initiate the transfer via the VA ebenefits website.

The request to transfer does not require local command approval. It will go to your branch manager. He will see the flag, but should also see the code showing you are in IDES. You can also pass your branch managers email and contact info to your doctor. He then can let him know your situation.