i'm hurt'n 2day

robs42

PEB Forum Veteran
my temp is @ 100.6%. my body aches and my throat is on FIRE. i've been on a z-pack 4 2 day and i feel worse. it's been a ruff week and winter. my son had strep, i tested negative 4 it and my wife has bronchitas. gonna tap-out now and go 2 bed. hopefully this stuff will b gone when i wake up:confused:. i have'nt had a temp since may 07 when i came out of back surgery:mad:. just needed 2 vent. thanks 4 checking in!:)

I hope you beat whatever bug's causing this back to the primordial slush it came from. Here's hoping it gets better. :)

Rob,

Hope you're feeling better. Get some rest and get well soon!

thanks guys,
i still woke up feeling like garbage, but @ least i shook that fever, 4 now. i'm on pretty hard core antibiotics. if i still feel like this 2morrow, i'll go back 2 the docs.. i never get sick, but when i do it's bad. i think it's just been a bad winter overall 4 everyone here in new england. welcome back jason:D!

Glad to hear you made some progress....hope it gets better.

Glad that fever's gone! It's a lot easier to deal with other symptoms when your head isn't fogged up and on fire. What a horrible feeling. One step at a time, get better there.

I hear it's always nice in the Southwest. :D

tell you what I hate the fact that all I want to do is to help out and provide for my family and then I get the pleasure of all this pain in the end. and to think all I did was cook dinner and sweep the house. All I can say this is freaking sad I am only 21yo. I need a new hand of life. lol. hope all is better with everyone eles.

Yeah I hope all is well buddy, I am in the same boat, the past week has been a killer for me..

Today I am pain free, but still have vertigo like crazy but being pain free today makes me wanna do back flips...:)

GOD they have me on these pain patches trying to get me off perquet and the flippin patches peel off so i don't think they are even helping if they are working it is really crappy pain control. the problem is i already took all the med for the break through pain because the patches fell off twice in a row and once they been on once they dont stick with crap. tape doesn't even keep them on!!!!! SH!T F!!KING Doctors!!!!!!

UTBAS, I'd skip the tape and wrap an ace bandage around the patch. You can wrap one of those pretty tight without worrying about cutting off blood circulation. Or if it gets uncomfortable you can loosen it up for a little bit then rewrap it. I've had to do that for some pretty bad gashes where I had to use gauze instead of bandaids. Worked great to keep it from falling off the site of the injury.

great but i dont want to be wearing a ace wrap for the rest of my live around my chest to hold a patch to my back/cheast and also i still have to get in the shower with it on cus its 1patch/3 days then you switch so....

So here i am inside this little library that they have at our troop medical center waiting on my appt. i tend to show up a hour early now because i can not drive so i have to go when other people find the time to take me:mad: anyways i went to the pharmacy and told them off all the troubles that i have with this flippin patch and all the things that i have tried and they asked well have you tried medical tape? wtf if i didn't tell you i tried medical tape what your guess DUMDA$$ i am in a bad flippin mood. Im tired as hell because of my narcolepsy and im in a crapload of pain i wish they would just stop pissing with my MEDS!!!! the perqcet isn't good for my body i get that and if i take it like i am now for the rest of my life i understand i most likely wont live past 75 but if i stay in this amount of pain for the rest of my life being bounced around from medication to medication then i wont live past 25 cus ill ****ing kill myself. and they are about to get the idea today. i am so freaking tired of hurting so bad everyday i played their game and let them cut me open twice and now im in more pain when are the gonna get picture. man today is about to be a bad day for some DOCS! the beauty is that im in the WTU and they wont touch or say a thing to us so im gonna let it all out!:mad:

That has to be awful, the pain, the changing meds and not getting relief. Only thing I want to say, sometimes "venting", letting the doctor know you aren't getting the help you need is okay. Just remember to keep it professional and don't personalize it, because even if this doctor isn't writing your NARSUM, they can write things in your treatment notes that can hurt your case or downplay your conditions. My only point is, you don't want to unload on them if it hurts your case.

All that aside, I hope you get some relief.

UTBAS,
jason has a really good point about the docs. writing stuff down in you file that could bite u in the a$$ down the road.
i'm going through the same s#!t w/my meds.. i feel like my life is consumed by them. i see like 6 different docs. for all my med. issues and they all have me on some kind of med.. i'm on 9 different ones. it sucks!!! my condition is chronic, so i can't see my pain going away or getting better. realistically, it's only going 2 get worse.
i've tried everything over the past 2 yrs. i tried not taking the meds. that works AWSOME:mad:!!! then my docs. like to play the balancing game (lower this, increase that). then i end up back to where i usually am. i'm @ the point where my pain meds. are'nt even helping right now. and like u said taking all this s#!t is no damn good for our life expectancy. damn'd if u do, damn'd if u don't.

seriously bro, if u need 2 vent reach out. just like u guys, i'm always on here. and u can always get me @ my home e-mail: [email protected]
stay strong brother, don't let them get 2 ya and don't give them the satisfaction!!!

I hope you get to feeling better, as for me I have an infusion tomorrow of Remicade and Methotrexate for white blood cell problems that have manifested in reiters syndrome and psoriatic arthritis. I have a PEB pending at Randolph for two weeks nowand am not sure of the date to complete or what the outcome will be. I was healthy before I went to the middle east. I am 44 years old chronologically however. I enjoy reading all the posts on this forum, as I know you guys have been where I have. Thanks Msgt Jim H

Hey man I am learning that we are all in the same boat. Yes Iam in the dark about the peb, and that is stressful enough with so much riding on it. I thought for years I was "THE BULL" now I have learned that I am not half what I thought I was, oh well. Two weeks since the meb, and I trust it will be about 4-6 weeks for the decision. No I didn't have the fight left to correct problems with the MEB paperwork. As LTC Parker told me, "hopefully, they will so the right thing". My Commander wrote a powerful letter about my condition. The Doc's wrote about my swelling and inability to walk. NOW. it is up to GOD and three officers at Randolph AFB. Thanks for all of you, your service and the friendship gained form this forum MSgt Jim H:)

Here's a question for the group. I retired on the 1St of March 2008. I used the BDD program out of Knox. I went through QTC in Louisville. Winston-Salem received my packet in Dec from QTC and as of today I was told it's in Salt Lake City for review/rating. My question is what is the normal turn around time for a rating? How long does it sit at SLC?

Thanks,

Paul