MEB/PEB Timeline

ED1627

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Here is my timeline so far! Currently waiting to hear back from the PEBLO on ratings.

11 Feb 19 - RILO Notification
18 Mar 19 - Medical NARSUM (Full MEB Recommended)
23 Mar 19 - DAWG – MEB Required
10 Apr 19 - Commander Letter Requested
29 Apr 19 - Commander Letter Received By PEBLO (Do Not Retain)
29 Apr 19 - AF Form 469 Code 37
30 Apr 19 - MH NARSUM To PEBLO (Full MEB Recommended)
01 May 19 - Commander Letter Signed
01 May 19 - MEB Package To Chief Aerospace MD
07 May 19 - MEB Package Back To PEBLO (Full MEB Recommended)
08 May 19 - MEB Package To AFPC/DP2NP
03 Jun 19 Informed By AFPC Package Missing Page
03 Jun 19 - Missing Page Sent To AFPC/DP2NP
13 Jun 19 - AFPC/DP2NP Direct Full MEB
17 Jun 19 - MEB/PEBLO Brief
25 Jun 19 - Case Submitted To MSC
27 Jun 19 - MSC Claims
27 Jun 19 - C&P Exams Scheduled
03-12 July 19 – C&P Exams
16 Jul 19 - PEBLO received C&P exam results
17 Jul 19 – Exams Sent To PCM For Review/Amend NARSUM
19 Jul 19 – Amend NARSUM Sent To Local MEB Board
25 Jul 19 – Meet w/ PEBLO and Sign AF 618
01 Aug 19 – AFPC Confirmation Received PEB package
02 Aug 19 – AFPC Unfit Determination
07 Aug 19 – VA Received Request For Ratings

Best wishes.

Here is my timeline so far! Currently waiting to hear back from the PEBLO on ratings.

11 Feb 19 - RILO Notification
18 Mar 19 - Medical NARSUM (Full MEB Recommended)
23 Mar 19 - DAWG – MEB Required
10 Apr 19 - Commander Letter Requested
29 Apr 19 - Commander Letter Received By PEBLO (Do Not Retain)
29 Apr 19 - AF Form 469 Code 37
30 Apr 19 - MH NARSUM To PEBLO (Full MEB Recommended)
01 May 19 - Commander Letter Signed
01 May 19 - MEB Package To Chief Aerospace MD
07 May 19 - MEB Package Back To PEBLO (Full MEB Recommended)
08 May 19 - MEB Package To AFPC/DP2NP
03 Jun 19 Informed By AFPC Package Missing Page
03 Jun 19 - Missing Page Sent To AFPC/DP2NP
13 Jun 19 - AFPC/DP2NP Direct Full MEB
17 Jun 19 - MEB/PEBLO Brief
25 Jun 19 - Case Submitted To MSC
27 Jun 19 - MSC Claims
27 Jun 19 - C&P Exams Scheduled
03-12 July 19 – C&P Exams
16 Jul 19 - PEBLO received C&P exam results
17 Jul 19 – Exams Sent To PCM For Review/Amend NARSUM
19 Jul 19 – Amend NARSUM Sent To Local MEB Board
25 Jul 19 – Meet w/ PEBLO and Sign AF 618
01 Aug 19 – AFPC Confirmation Received PEB package
02 Aug 19 – AFPC Unfit Determination
07 Aug 19 – VA Received Request For Ratings

How many claims did you claim? seems that the MEB is moving forward in your case. I'm station at Hickam and it has been very slow.

I claimed 15 conditions. It always seems to move slow. I am very anxious to get my rateing but all I can do is sit and wait. I was told by my PEBLO that they are averaging 30 days from the day they receive request for ratings from the PEB.

VA's been pretty quick as of late. Seems Rhode Island is averaging 4-6 weeks; of course every case is different. I'm at 7 weeks waiting for ratings but thats because VA at first wanted to order 2 more exams (heart and some kind of foot exam) but they canceled those exam as they had enough evidence to begin with. Even with that exam order/cancel, I'm at "PENDING SUPERVISOR APPROVAL" of the VA process. So close!

VA's been pretty quick as of late. Seems Rhode Island is averaging 4-6 weeks; of course every case is different. I'm at 7 weeks waiting for ratings but thats because VA at first wanted to order 2 more exams (heart and some kind of foot exam) but they canceled those exam as they had enough evidence to begin with. Even with that exam order/cancel, I'm at "PENDING SUPERVISOR APPROVAL" of the VA process. So close!
I am in the same boat! VA recieved the package on 23 July and has been sitting at pending the supervisor approval for two weeks! This waiting game is good at expanding my patience.

@Guardguy11 we have trained our whole careers for this.... hurry up and wait.... all joking aside though hope all goes well soon and in your favor

@Darkspanner Did your claim close out on va.gov? Mine still says "Your claim moved to Evidence gathering, review, and decision" as of June 27th. According to the Peblo I should hear something back this week or next. Fingers crossed. Waiting is the hardest part. Hope you got a fair rating!

@Darkspanner Did your claim close out on va.gov? Mine still says "Your claim moved to Evidence gathering, review, and decision" as of June 27th. According to the Peblo I should hear something back this week or next. Fingers crossed. Waiting is the hardest part. Hope you got a fair rating!

That part was a while back; that step also includes your P+C appointments. Did you complete all of those?

My timeline is almost exactly the same as yours, except that I was found unfit on 16 Aug, and am just in that waiting game step as well. The "Your claim moved to Evidence gathering, review, and decision" seems to have been thje current status for a while, on my profile.

Last edited:
@benjcbc I just spoke to my PEBLO and she said that my package has been at the VA since Aug 7th and still no rater has been assigned. It has just been sitting there for the last 21 days in-touched! They originally told me I would have everything back by the 30th, dose not seem so anymore if they have not even began to look at it yet! Just when I thought I was going to hear good news this week!

@benjcbc I just spoke to my PEBLO and she said that my package has been at the VA since Aug 7th and still no rater has been assigned. It has just been sitting there for the last 21 days in-touched! They originally told me I would have everything back by the 30th, dose not seem so anymore if they have not even began to look at it yet! Just when I thought I was going to hear good news this week!
That gives some insight on how mine may go then, I was told I would know NLT 20 Sep, after being declared unfit on 16 Aug. Hopefully you hear something soon.

@benjcbc Sounds about right, from what I am hearing its about 30 days from when the PEB finds you unfit/VA receives request for ratings. Hopefully we will both hear back soon!

Just found this on VA website this morning, dose anyone know that this is indication that I should be hearing from my PEBLO and receiving my rating soon?
VA Claim.PNG