MEB starting from Korea...

s1dapp

Registered Member
Hi, Im a PFC stationed in Korea. I have dics in my neck and back and was recommend for MEB. Now, I have a P3 profile and my MEB is pretty much triggered. I was told that I will have to go to CONUS for WTU since they don't have one in Korea. My question is, as my medical board gets started, is there anyway I could choose or ask for the place of WTU? I have my family in Korea, so I'd love to be in Hawaii for my WTU. I wanted to know if there is anything I could do be at WTU in Hawaii. Also, they told me that I will be PCSing in about 60 days to WTU and WTU will take about 9 to 12 months. Some say that nowadays, it is much shorter... is that true? If there is anybody who's done the same with me, please let me know. Thank you very much.

The Soldier I had that got sent back from Korea requested TX and was given it. Not sure who he asked for TX though, my guess is branch. Not sure about Hawaii, since its considered OCONUS, it does have a WTU though. Fairly sure they want to send you CONUS, which means closest you can get is JBLM.

My P3 was written in May, received 199 in September. 9-12 months from arrival to WTU is a safe estimate based on averages, but it can swing widely, stories of 3+ years are heard of. One of those things that you have to play day by day.

I have seen "crazy" things happen that are not "supposed to happen" based on the regs. In those instances, the member requested for something different to happen. Not sure if it might take you making a new election as to your "home of record" or other step. I would talk to your PEBLO and your admin section (Company clerk, BN/BDE S1, or servicing finance section) to see if you can get a change.

Well, I can't find a WTU associated with Japan or Guam. Hawaii would be the closest WTU to Korea. Home of record is where you lived when you signed your enlistment contract. I didn't now they did recruiting in Korea, are you sure that's your home of record? Maybe try the patient advocacy, think the hospital in Yongson has one. Someone should know who cuts the orders for your transfer. Branch does most of the EDAS transactions that sends you to a new assignment, but they're no the only ones. S1 may be able to send up a 4187 for an official request. S1 should have a POC who sends them orders for Soldiers leaving, if you get into a conversation with that person at transitions, they should have seen a WTU transfer before and have an idea who did the EDAS transaction.

Hi, Im a PFC stationed in Korea. I have dics in my neck and back and was recommend for MEB. Now, I have a P3 profile and my MEB is pretty much triggered. I was told that I will have to go to CONUS for WTU since they don't have one in Korea. My question is, as my medical board gets started, is there anyway I could choose or ask for the place of WTU? I have my family in Korea, so I'd love to be in Hawaii for my WTU. I wanted to know if there is anything I could do be at WTU in Hawaii. Also, they told me that I will be PCSing in about 60 days to WTU and WTU will take about 9 to 12 months. Some say that nowadays, it is much shorter... is that true? If there is anybody who's done the same with me, please let me know. Thank you very much.

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

From a procedural viewpoint and to aide with building your potentially new DoD IDES knowledgebase, please read the DoD IDES process in detail as referenced in my URL annotated below:

http://www.pebforum.com/site/threads/a-detailed-explanation-of-the-dod-ides-meb-peb-process.22807/

As such, please remain "positively proactive" while in the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process and never default acceptance to any injustices; fight then continue to fight some more until receipt of your desired expectations supportive via medical evidence and/or medical documentation!

In reference to your medical condition(s) and any potential DoVA rating evaluated by the DoVA D-RAS, I would strongly suggest that you review 38 CFR VASRD at the URL annotated below:

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?c=ecfr&rgn=div5&view=text&node=38:1.0.1.1.5

With that all said, please take care, get well, and enjoy life as feasiblely as possible within the limits of your medical condition(s) symptomatology! ;)

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

I am in Korea right now as well and I am about to get MEB. I need to be sent to where is my family and I have no clue how I will manager all that. I have been just for 2 months here. That's really sucks.