Medical Marijuana?

I am currently on 16 different medications. I am getting ready to move to Colorado and have thought about medical marijuana. My goal is not to be a dumb ass stoner, I just don’t feel good and I know my meds are hurting as much as they are helping. I have heard stories of show medical MJ has helped so many people. Is there any truth to this?

I am Permanently retired from the DoD. If I were to use it and it showed on blood tests would that affect me in any way?

If you don't want to be a "dumb ass stoner," don't be. There is no reason that you NEED to act belligerent or anything other than normal when using medical marijuana for its health benefits. My brother-in-law has his medical marijuana card, smokes multiple times a day, and it has been the best treatment he has found for his chronic back pain. He works an excellent QA job for a chemical plant, is in a long-term, healthy relationship, and is completely normal despite being a "stoner." My mother has Multiple Sclerosis, a disease with no known cure, and she uses marijuana, just in alternate forms, to help alleviate her symptoms as well. The best man at my wedding suffers from severe anxiety, uses marijuana when appropriate to help him. You should honestly do a lot of research as to the truths behind why marijuana was ever viewed in the way it was anyways, you might be surprised to see how untruthful and mislead most of the stigmas are.

As for the blood tests, I do not have any information for you. If you were to do everything legally, I personally don't see how it could be held against you. With that said, at this point I'm sure we all know how awful the VA and DoD can be. Good luck!

Marijuana has some legitimate medical benefits. However, like all other drugs, it is not a panacea for every disease under the sun. With no list of ailments, it is impossible for anyone to know if you might benefit. Unfortunately, there is little research on the benefits of marijuana for some diseases. This is primarily because the of government objections to marijuana research. Much of the information is not truly verified for the same reason. That said, most of the medical community believes there are some benefits with certain diseases.

Stopping 16 medications alone could be problematic. Some medications require medical supervision to stop. Others have to be tapered off.

Marijuana also varies a lot by variety in terms of its chemical content. Illegally sourced marijuana, unless you grow your own, may contain anything!

Marijuana has some legitimate medical benefits. However, like all other drugs, it is not a panacea for every disease under the sun. With no list of ailments, it is impossible for anyone to know if you might benefit. Unfortunately, there is little research on the benefits of marijuana for some diseases. This is primarily because the of government objections to marijuana research. Much of the information is not truly verified for the same reason. That said, most of the medical community believes there are some benefits with certain diseases.

Stopping 16 medications alone could be problematic. Some medications require medical supervision to stop. Others have to be tapered off.

Marijuana also varies a lot by variety in terms of its chemical content. Illegally sourced marijuana, unless you grow your own, may contain anything!
I'd use illegal cannabis all day over synthetic or any other cannabis manufactured by pharmaceutical companies.