Nearing maximum temp profile limit

Old Private87

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hey guys this is my first time posting but I need some input. I'm AD Army and I've been injured pretty much my whole TIS. Here's the timeline

BCT:Nov 2015-March 2016 I slipped on ice and injured my groin. At least I thought it was my groin. Bone scan showed no abnormalities. Later received a profile for severe knee pain but I pushed through with Motrin, stretching, ice.

AIT: March 2016- July 2016. Was on profile 10 out of 16 weeks for ankle pain. No imaging done. Given Mobic, did very little PT, attended phys therapy and was able to push through and graduate.

Ft Bragg: July 2016- Now
When I arrived at my unit and went hard at PT. The groin pain came back with a vengeance!!! Tried every stretching technique to avoid being put on profile bc my NCO and PA at our clinic (I'm a Medic btw) said they didn't want me on it. After 3 months I finish had my first Record APFT and failed the run. I was literally dragging my leg across the finish line. I couldn't extend my stride at all and my entire right hip and leg was aching with shooting pain. After seeing this my NCO sent me to the aid station and my PA referred me to PT. Fast forward 3 months of unsuccessful PT and she put in for me to get an MRI that's when I found out my right labrum was severely torn as well as having several CAM impingements on my left and right femoral neck and heads. I opted for surgical repair and had it done March 2017. Had a painful recovery. Leg gave out twice will going up the stairs. I'm still in PT therapy and nothing is helping with the pain, catching, popping...you name it. What makes things worse is my left has begun to ache and throb now as well as a bad limp in my right leg and lower back pain on my right.

Someone from BDE told me I'm nearing my 365 days maximum limit on temp profile and will be recommended for a MEB. Is this true?!? Right now I'm at 255 days in last 24 months. My ortho doc mentioned this at my initial appointment bc of my age and how quickly in my career this has happened.

At 365, you will likely be reviewed. If you are getting better your temporary profile may be extended. Not everyone at 365 goes through an MEB. An MEB, if ordered, does not automatically mean you will be separated. The

At 365, you will likely be reviewed. If you are getting better your temporary profile may be extended. Not everyone at 365 goes through an MEB. An MEB, if ordered, does not automatically mean you will be separated. The

So they will request my records from physical therapy as well? I was hoping to get better and back in the fight but my limp is causing me lower back pain. Plus my left side has impingements and hurting badly. My ROM is still not to Army standards after 3 months. Really thinking of just requesting one if by that time I'm not feeling a drastic change

MRB/PEB id normally "requested" by a medic. A direct request is often misinterpreted as malingering (one of the most over used diagnosis in the USA). An indirect approach may be more beneficial.

If you receive a P3 Profile you will possibly go to the Meb. Never heard of going thru one with a temporary profile, but I guess things change?

You seem to be an expert so I have another question. My BDE Doc just told me to get ready for deployment and I'm still on a temp profile. By the time I actually deploy I'll be at 375 days on temp and I'm still going through treatment. She said the commander can override my profile bc I'm "not that bad" even though she never even seen my medical records from the surgery or off post physical therapy. What happens next? I'm still limping, I have severe bloat hip pain, now a labral tear in my other hip and a curve in my lower spine. But my unit has horrible deployment numbers so that's why they're trying to send me. I'm not going to do anything extra to sham but physically I'm severely limited!

A person can be on a medical profile and deploy. If the rules are followed your command has to submit your medical condition through channels to the COCOM/Surgeon General. The COCOM has a prescribed form. The COCOM/SG can either accept or reject you into the AOR.

Each COCOM/CC sets standards.