Need some advice please.

Navyguy1

PEB Forum Regular Member
I joined the Navy at 19 years old in 1995 and planned on doing my full 20. I will have been in the Navy for 16 years this May. I have had several issues with my wife and my medical conditions. I have been seeing a Psychiatrist and Therapist for about two years now with no medications helping me. I have depression and generalized anxiety NOS, and I think PTSD but they will not go that direction with me. I currently work out of rate and was told today that I was going to my shop next month to work as an Aircraft Electrician. I have several concerns that I need some advice on if anyone is willing to donate their time.

1.) I am on anxiety medication and cannot work on the aircraft legally and do my job as an AE. I am afraid that my CMDCM (which has it out for me) will find this info out and use it to kick me out using MILPERSMAN 1910-120 Separation by Convenience of the Government - Physical or Mental Condition, and that I will get nothing but a ADSEP and a pat on the back.

2.) The command may try to force me to cross rate to something other than AE which I do not want to do or ADSEP and pat on the back.

3.) I'm wondering if I should talk to my Psychiatrist and Therapist about going LIMDU and starting the whole MED/PEB process. Like I said I have been on various medications and nothing is working for me for two years now at least.

4.) I am due to transfer in October, and this March was my last time to pick orders. Next month I go needs of the Navy (shore duty). How would the LIMDU MED/PEB effect my orders selections?

5.) I also receintly submitted my wifes EFM paperwork, she should come out as a EFM 4 or 5. How will that Effect my situation in I go LIMDU.

I have so much going on in my head I feel like I'm about to explode. Can someone please give me some advice or a different direction to look in. Other options anything.

Thanks,
Mike

I will attempt to help with what I know.

EFM will not affect LIMDU, only the potential locations you can recieve orders.
If you go LIMDU prior to transfer, you will not be eligible for orders. You will go to the nearest facility to be processed for LIMDU orders, which are in 6 month increments.

As far as the others, I can only tell you what I have seen. Mental health issues are tricky. I've seen people walk away with retirement, and I've seen people just walk away. The only person who can give you any idea what direction the process would take is the Psychiatrist, as they would be the refering doctor. I know it's not helpful, but unfortunately not knowing the specifics makes anything I say just speculation.

Mike,

If you still have questions/concerns, contact Navy Personnel Command (PERS-82) 901-874-3230 and discuss your case.

Be aware, there are huge issues with how the Navy adjudicates DES cases. In short, they can and will screw you out of benefits. See DES Outrage 16 as an example:

http://www.pebforum.com/content/des...vy-s-corrupt-disability-evaluation-system-67/

There is the Navy way and then there are laws and regulations and often the two don't match. That is why over 50% of the PDBR state the ratings were not done correctly and the member should have been retired. Now, if we could only get the Navy to accept the PDBR findings. See DES Outrage 16:

http://www.pebforum.com/content/des...deny-disability-benefits-wounded-warriors-65/

Mike