New to the whole process

t.c.mitchell

Registered Member
Hey, my name is trevor. i am active duty Army 19D. i had shoulder surgery on june 5 and am now in physical therapy. it is going well. my doc said that at the three month point we will start the paperwork for my MMRB. Also, back in feb i wrecked my motorcycle and broke my ankle. i was in physical therapy for it and it helped but it is still swollen and my physical therapist is sending back to the MRI for a 2nd one to see what is going on.

Before my shoulder surgery, my doc had talked to me about my options. I want the MMRB. i don't want out of the Army, at least not yet. The army has been good for my wife and kids while i was deployed. i am 1 month out from my surgery leaving me 2 months before the paperwork gets started. due to my surgery and broken ankle, i've not done real PT since Feb. so i am quite a bit overweight right now. what i am looking at as far how quickly the process takes? i am also nervous that with my shoulder and ankle i will get med boarded out. i just would like some info about how the process works and how the chain of command might react to the MMRB process.

i don't know if i am making sense or rambling. i just need some guidance and help.

Thanks,
Trevor

Once the paperwork is completed, the convening authority has 60 days from the date the paperwork was signed to convene the MMRB. Take a look at AR 600-60 Paragraph 2-4 for more information on timelines. AR 600-60 will also give you information on what the MMRB can recommend.