On terminal leave, BORED

dals

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hey guys so i'm back home now, living with family to get back on my feet. I'm on leave until may. I borrowed some money and got a car i'll have it paid off next month with the money i'm saving from not paying rent. Anyway so far i called vocational rehab here in NJ and i have a plan to start that process in April. I haven't got a hold of anyone at the VA yet for the wrist fusion im gonna need but i have to wait until my leave is over for that right? IDES timeline below

getting to the point i need something to keep me busy i like to work outside i thought about calling the plumbing place i worked at before i went to basic, when i left they told me if i end up back here they'll find something for me. I am afraid i wont be able to do what it takes to work there physically unless they put me in the office. Its my left hand, its not useless but i cant pick up anything too heavy or do pretty much any twisting motion with it ect. Do you have any suggestions on how to stay busy? My wife has been applying for jobs so hopefully when she finds something i'll have more to keep me busy but i would prefer doing something making some more money too but i don't want to hurt myself or make it look like i don't have the conditions in my disability %, i do but its very boring makes me want to do it anyway. Thanks in advance.

Hey guys so i'm back home now, living with family to get back on my feet. I'm on leave until may. I borrowed some money and got a car i'll have it paid off next month with the money i'm saving from not paying rent. Anyway so far i called vocational rehab here in NJ and i have a plan to start that process in April. I haven't got a hold of anyone at the VA yet for the wrist fusion im gonna need but i have to wait until my leave is over for that right? IDES timeline below

getting to the point i need something to keep me busy i like to work outside i thought about calling the plumbing place i worked at before i went to basic, when i left they told me if i end up back here they'll find something for me. I am afraid i wont be able to do what it takes to work there physically unless they put me in the office. Its my left hand, its not useless but i cant pick up anything too heavy or do pretty much any twisting motion with it ect. Do you have any suggestions on how to stay busy? My wife has been applying for jobs so hopefully when she finds something i'll have more to keep me busy but i would prefer doing something making some more money too but i don't want to hurt myself or make it look like i don't have the conditions in my disability %, i do but its very boring makes me want to do it anyway. Thanks in advance.
Honestly i would maybe suggest uber in your spare time... i mean you can do it when your bored and its not like your on call, i know alot of vets that went that route to make the time pass. and a little extra cash and it gets you out of the house