PDBR finished DFAS called, VA paid. Backpay mystery solved!!

tinker2cute

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
okay, long story short. the email worked! Doug is finished. He just got the call from a lady @ DFAS. (by the way, the people who are working the PDBR cases, most telecommute, she works from home)

Doug was told his packet was actually finished by OCT 1st. (LIE!, they already confirmed it was lost/misplaced) She apologized over and over. She gave Doug his numbers. He will have his direct deposit Friday of his back pay owed. first check starts NOV 1st.

The total owed was a little over 300,000. Then the VA recouped EVERYTHING that they paid Doug. ALL OF IT. Over 200 thousand. (you cannot double dip) Then the Army took some, and taxes took some. His grand total back pay from the 312 thousand.....Drum roll please!!!! $5200.00 The Army giveth and the Army & V.A taketh away...It is not the math we were hoping for. But we are finished. His pay is jumping up. He is receiving 2414.00 a month now. He got concurrent pay.

If you've been waiting 90 days or longer for DFAS to do their job, I would definitely send the email like my husband and a few others have. All are getting their issues dealt with promptly now.

I hope and pray that each one of you who are still fighting get what you are owed, and get it in a timely manner. I also pray that if you are just starting this journey of justice! Do not give up! fight and do not stop fighting. We've been fighting for over 11 years. Good luck to all. I will check the forum now and again. If anyone has any questions or needs anything please do not hesitate to contact me or my husband.

[email protected] or [email protected]

Wow, what a story. Thanks for sharing the email resources so others can benefit.

Really glad to hear you got it resolved!

Should be hearing about my DFAS account creation in the next couple of weeks. Will be reaching out to you if I run into issues. I am due quite a large amount of back pay.

Thanks Tinker!

Well Perci I hope you actually receive it. Just a quick update. We had paperwork yesterday, got more today. Today's totally contradicted yesterday. Doug also called the Tier 2 call center, they said he paperwork is still not been completed. lol

However, he did get yet another call from a lady who just called to apologize about everything. She said that they are now working round the clock to fix and catch up on all pending PDBR accounts before the end of the month. So we shall see.

Wow, that is great news and probably because of yours and Doug's persistence we all may benefit!

My back pay is fairly simple so I should not have any issues (famous last words!). I have no CRSC or concurrent receipt. I have received very little from VA over the last 14.5 years at a 10% rating. I will let you know how it plays out!

Wow, that is great news and probably because of yours and Doug's persistence we all may benefit!

My back pay is fairly simple so I should not have any issues (famous last words!). I have no CRSC or concurrent receipt. I have received very little from VA over the last 14.5 years at a 10% rating. I will let you know how it plays out!
Please let me know as well, I havent reached 90days but its getting close and mine should be easy as well, Never married and no kids, letter VA over 15 years.

Tinker, So glad to hear news. Thank you both for never leaving a service member or thier spouse behind...

Please let me know as well, I haven't reached 90days but its getting close and mine should be easy as well, Never married and no kids, letter VA over 15 years.

Rich, just remember whatever the amount the VA paid you will be recouped. Sadly that was the only thing we were hoping was NOT true. lol but good news is we are not paying any taxed on any of his retirement. I do not know why, but the DFAS rep said it had to do with how they broke down the payments from VA and DFAS. Which is a small consolation prize.

update. My husband's back pay was deposited in our account last night...He called DFAS and the Tier 2 agent still does not see this, or that his account has been created...He went ahead and emailed Mr. Evans and is waiting to hear back. I guess this is a good thing, at least something is happening. If we hear back or once we get the worksheet in the mail I will black out numbers but post it for reference.

Hello everyone. My case was closed in Nov, rec'd my first retirement payment on 1 Oct. I've been calling all month asking for the status of my audit and keep getting the run around. Today, however, a very nice lady said that DFAS sent me a letter dated 1 Oct showing the amount of backpay owed to me. I never received this letter nor have I received any backpay. She said she was going to put a note on my account (a telephone note) to processing. Any ideas on if I could email anyone at DFAS to figure out what the status of my account is.
Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone. My case was closed in Nov, rec'd my first retirement payment on 1 Oct. I've been calling all month asking for the status of my audit and keep getting the run around. Today, however, a very nice lady said that DFAS sent me a letter dated 1 Oct showing the amount of backpay owed to me. I never received this letter nor have I received any backpay. She said she was going to put a note on my account (a telephone note) to processing. Any ideas on if I could email anyone at DFAS to figure out what the status of my account is.
Thanks in advance.
I will post Mr. Evans email tomorrow. I have it at work. Make sure to tell him you are a PDBR person who's paperwork has fallen through the crack. But if anyone else sees his email. Do NOT email him unless you are finished and have waited a min of 90 days for DFAS information. This man is helping us. He is no longer in that office and I do not want him to stop helping those of us who are still waiting. Because again, he actually seems to care.

I will post Mr. Evans email tomorrow. I have it at work. Make sure to tell him you are a PDBR person who's paperwork has fallen through the crack. But if anyone else sees his email. Do NOT email him unless you are finished and have waited a min of 90 days for DFAS information. This man is helping us. He is no longer in that office and I do not want him to stop helping those of us who are still waiting. Because again, he actually seems to care.
Thank you!!

Thank you, I truly hope someone can help those of us who keep getting the run around.

Rich, just remember whatever the amount the VA paid you will be recouped. Sadly that was the only thing we were hoping was NOT true. lol but good news is we are not paying any taxed on any of his retirement. I do not know why, but the DFAS rep said it had to do with how they broke down the payments from VA and DFAS. Which is a small consolation prize.
I appreciate your help!

Rich305,

By law, waiver of military retired pay is necessary in order to receive disability compensation when a veteran is eligible for both military retired pay and disability compensation but is not eligible for CRDP (Concurrent Retirement and Disability Pay). See https://www.dfas.mil/retiredmilitary/disability/crdp.html for CRDP INFO.

CRSC is a program that replaces some or all waived retired pay for approved combat related disabilities. See: https://www.dfas.mil/retiredmilitary/disability/crsc.html. CRSC does not replace the disability portion of waived retired pay; the dollar amount of the longevity portion of retirement pay is the ceiling.

Ron

Hey Perci75,
I read a lot of your posts (great info by the way thanks) and was AF as well. I received my letter back in Aug saying the AF accepted the PDBR rec for retirement. I completed the SBP that same month (I work on the same AF base I was discharged in 2006), but haven’t heard anything since. I emailed the PDBR folks but they told me they no longer are involved in the process and to contact the AF directly (they caveated that by saying the records section is back logged not to include their current workload, but I should receive my corrected docs within 60 days). How long did it take from you completing your SBP brief before you received your corrected orders and 214 to get your ID card? Also, do you know what section in AFPC I need to contact? Thanks for any assistance!!!

Hey Perci75,
I read a lot of your posts (great info by the way thanks) and was AF as well. I received my letter back in Aug saying the AF accepted the PDBR rec for retirement. I completed the SBP that same month (I work on the same AF base I was discharged in 2006), but haven’t heard anything since. I emailed the PDBR folks but they told me they no longer are involved in the process and to contact the AF directly (they caveated that by saying the records section is back logged not to include their current workload, but I should receive my corrected docs within 60 days). How long did it take from you completing your SBP brief before you received your corrected orders and 214 to get your ID card? Also, do you know what section in AFPC I need to contact? Thanks for any assistance!!!

Hello Travish9,

Just so we don’t highjack this DFAS thread I’m going to invite you over to another thread regarding AF time lines and contact info after submitting then 2656.

Hi Everone,
My case was done a year ago yet haven't gotten back pay nor monthly payment. I'm calling DFAS every day but it seems like there's no end. I emailed Angela but no reply. who do I need to email? Does anybody know Mr.Evans's email address? I'm on the phone every day on hold for at least an hour then transfer to someone else then gets hung up. so frustrated...
Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!

Hi Everone,
My case was done a year ago yet haven't gotten back pay nor monthly payment. I'm calling DFAS every day but it seems like there's no end. I emailed Angela but no reply. who do I need to email? Does anybody know Mr.Evans's email address? I'm on the phone every day on hold for at least an hour then transfer to someone else then gets hung up. so frustrated...
No guarantees on the outcome, but you could send a letter of inquiry (request for explanation) or complaint (via Fax) to the Director, Retired Pay,

Defense Finance and Accounting Service
U.S. Military Retired Pay, Attn: Roland Wadge
8899 E 56th Street
Indianapolis IN 46249-1200

Fax
Retired Pay: 800-469-6559
(That is the only Fax number I have.)

Ron

I
Hi Everone,
never got an email. Email me at [email protected]