PDBR to Review Mental Health Discharges

Great comments Mike. I was taken care of and given retirement for my back, but often wonder if I should have questioned the adjustment disorder diagnosis. I was a little too proud and was in denial in thinking I had PTSD. I accepted their diagnosis, but now oddly enough am being treated at the VA for PTSD. From the looks of your comments and the tone of the article, I will not be reviewed since mine was not changed, it's what they diagnosed.

Joe

Great comments Mike. I was taken care of and given retirement for my back, but often wonder if I should have questioned the adjustment disorder diagnosis. I was a little too proud and was in denial in thinking I had PTSD. I accepted their diagnosis, but now oddly enough am being treated at the VA for PTSD. From the looks of your comments and the tone of the article, I will not be reviewed since mine was not changed, it's what they diagnosed.

Joe

Dear maparker:

You hit the nail on the head! The DoD position in this article is not anywhere near a solution to correcting their mental health mis-diagnosis/non-diagnosis on discharged SMs. It's absolutely a drop in the bucket on the real numbers of discharged SMs affected by these types of discharges.

Thanks for waving the BS flag and calling it what it is!

V/r,
nwlivewire