Please give advice: PTSD TDRL

mjxp

Registered Member
Hello all,

I received a 70% rating from DoD. 70% PTSD and 10% pelvic prolapse. I was put on TDRL and have a reevaluation in a couple of months.

I am unable to work due to my mh and prolapse, I am also newly pregnant. I get counseling weekly and recently started taking medication daily.

Currently, my SO is working and we are getting by but things are a lot tougher financially without me being able to work.

What do you think the best thing for me would be to do? Should I apply for VA and SSDI?

What could help me get from TDRL to PDRL?

If going through IDES you should be getting a VA rating as well. If working is not a possiblity then filing a TDIU claim and SSDI are two opportunities. Age is a factor but medical documentation trumps age if your records accurately reflect your limitations.

Thank you for the response. I did not go through IDES just MEB packet through IPEB. I will make an appointment with the VA next week about a VA rating and TDIU. My MEB is over 300 pages, I am going to try to compile it as best I can and with the DoD findings and other medical notes.

I started the SSDI application online and the pay questions are tough because they say disability pay does not count but work pay does and I was receiving active duty pay while on medical leave so it isn't disability pay. I think I just have to do the print application and go in person and ask a social security representative specific pay questions. Or I might wait till I get the VA results then take those and the MEB to SS. Not quite sure yet.

Jan 2018 injury medical leave
June 2018 start MEB packet
Sept 2018 MEB packet submitted
Nov 2018 put in request for expediting packet
Feb 2019 forwarded to the IPEB for adjudication
May 2019 MEB results
Sep 2019 separation orders
Dec 2019 discharge

I agree with asking for TDIU (VA) and SSDI (SSA). The worse they can say is no. Are you not getting VA? The nice thing about VA is it is not taxed. A non-taxed dollar has more speniding power than a dollar that will be taxed.

SSDI is a tough one, I am 100% PTSD alone with another combined 100% other disabilities making me PT receiving SMC S from the VA. Social Secueort just denies my initial application and i am in the reconsideration phase. I have a lawyer guiding and representing me in the process and he told me from the start that my best bet and his believe is that i will get approved at the hearing level. Social Security takes a long time and mental health applications are tough to get approved. I have extensive, hundred pages of VA records in regards to PTSD, including out and in patient care. Anyhow, I am 44yrs old and looking at another year pe so before i see the judge and hopefully get approved SSDI.
Just my two cents..apply, be prepared for a long fight, continue to receive care but dont count that SSA cares about your VA rating..its your medical records that matter and yes..age does play a big factor..at least in KY.