Prelim Findings

tattoogirl1*

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I just received word that my preliminary findings have come back unfit. What does that really mean? Does that mean I am clear to go ahead and enroll in school and I am just waiting on the VA to rate my problems now?? If anyone could help me understand this more I would greatly appreciate it.! Thanks in advance. Shannon

Tattoogirl1,

I just found out my unfit last week, cause the VA faxed me my ratings. Have you already had your VA medical appts, or have they mailed you your propose ratings yet? I am not for sure how long it takes, if you already have your ratings, then the PEB will mail paperwork back to VA and your branch of service will give you a bunch of paper work to fill out, along with one where you will pick when to get out. You have from 0-90 days to get out. Let me know what they say and be patient. I am like you, just ready to get out. What %s and what conditions did you get from your PEB. Take care and good luck. Active Bud!

I have already been through all of my VA appointments and stuff. I was on ebenfits and there was some confusing information on there, so I called someone I know. I haven't been appointed a PEBLO yet. I did work with a gentlemen when I first started this whole process and he was the one who introduced me to my MSC. Well, I just signed all my MEB paperwork the 14th of Nov for it to be sent up to the PEB in Providence. Anyways, I called him to ask about the ebenefits thing and he had asked me if a PEBLO has contacted me because my preliminary findings have come back unfit and now I am just waiting on the VA to rate me. I just like to have confirmation from people who have been where I am. I have been patient, I am just ready to move on with my life. And congrats on your findings. I am being looked at for Spinal Stenosis, but I have a ton of other back related issues that this encompasses. What were you found unfit for if you don't mind me asking.

The PEB process takes up to a year. You are just beginning, I hate to say. The best piece of advice is to keep up with your case and dont miss anything. I had to do an Inquiry into the VA side, and I had to stay on the navy people to keep it going. I had a really good PEBLO, then he went on LLD and no longer worked in that job. It was so much help, and my new PEBLO is lost. He just doesnt know the job. I was found unfit for my Crohns, but I have alot pf VA issues, such as PTSD, Migraines, etc. Below is breakdown.\

30% DOD-Crohns Disease

80% VA-

30% Crohns
30% PTSD
30% Migraines
30% Scars-over 20 scars
10% Tinnitus
10% Tongue damage due to botched surgery

Still waiting on VA to rate Hearing loss, and I have a sleep study in the next week. If positive that will push me to 90% VA.

Good luck to you and stay positive. This process will stress you out real quick.

My MEB package was up in Providence since 09/21/2012, finally got done getting rated on 11/28/2012 and sent up again to the PEB for finalization on the 29th. I hear they are overloaded with cases. Can take anywhere from 6-10 months before you hear something. Stay positive though It's all worth it in the end.

Between the recent storms and the holidays, cases will be behind I am sure for a while.

No, PEBLO had no idea that the VA faxed my %s to me, which stated on there my Unfitting Condition. He said that I should receive it shortly and I will be able to review the final paperwork. I am ready to go home, and hope there are no mistakes on the 199. I have had to do to much on my case as it is.

Weird same thing happened to me. When I told her they had mailed me my ratings she gave a Wtf stare and called her friend who is a Recorder for the PEB. The Recorder said my 199 will be in the hands of my PEBLO in no later than 2 weeks. So here's to hoping that it becomes reality.

I hope that I get the 199 here in the next two weeks, so I can review it for accuracy and get this show on the road. I want to start looking for my next job, and get ready to move back to Texas with the wife and kids. I have been gone for over 7 years. Time to start being a good husband and a great father to my girls. Take care bud.

Where at in Texas Kiefer? I am also going home to Texas and those are my same thoughts..i am excited to finally be the wife that is home and able to care for my husband and my kids....

Just got my DA199 yesterday. PEBLO didnt even know what that was. My Jag Lawyer is looking over them and I will sign them tomorrow. My Crohns came back unfitting. 30% DOD TDRL, and 80% VA which will be bumped up to 90% when I get out. I am taking all my leave and then leaving the Navy end of February. My family lives in Emory, which is between Tyler and Dallas. Good Luck

Congrats Kiefer! Must be a great feeling to finally get this process over with. I'm still waiting for my 199 sadly though.

Wow kiefer82, I am from Tyler and am moving back to Dallas when I finally get my 199 and orders....small world

I am 25 minutes from Tyler on Highway 69 that goes thru Mineola. I will probably work in Dallas. Good luck.

My Preliminaries were sent from the MSC to the PEB on OCT 1, 2012 and I still have no 199. My ebenefits looked good up till OCT 2012 when it went from pending decision approval and it even showed complete then it went to gathering evidence. So I called VA and they basically was reading a script. They all sounded the same, so I spoke to my MSC and she told me to contact her instead cause a lot of the reps are not trained on the IDES yet, they do not know how to answer questions for those attending the PEB. They are used to talking to Veterans that are already out. So use your MSC to get information. It took me 5 calls before a good rep of the VA faxed my proposed ratings.

DOD 30%
VA 100%

Your Peblo should get your info soon bud. Whad did they find you unfit for, and what did the VA rate you for. Take care and have a good weekend.

I had 17 conditions, 2 were unfitting, bi lateral knee issues, herniated disk contacting my S-1 and S-2 nerves, legs are always feeling numb and heavy with tingling sensation but no nerve damage.

So VA gave me 100% proposed ratings for the 17 conditions and the DOD proposed which is also done by VA was 30%

I have 17 years of active duty service and E-8 so hopefully I get retirement out this.

I have 15 conditions and 1 unfitting. I spoke with a peblo today and he confirmed my unfitness but wouldn't tell me my proposed ratings. He also said I should be home awaiting orders in about 2-6 weeks. I hope this is true, but I won't take that timeframe to heart.

From what I have seen those cases that are not to complicated move fast but anything with BH in it for some reason gets held up even if its not an unfitting condition. I chose for not to as it could delay the process. When I called my PEBLO yesterday all she could say was nothing came back yet, let me send another inquiry to PEB and my supervisor. I swear it sounds like a script now. Anyway I know they are trying, not in no hurry now the holidays are here, but soon after I like to see my 199 so I can prepare for employment.

I got my unfit memo in July, so even if you do not get the letter if they send your packet to VA then they found you unfit. Once it comes back from the VA it goes to the MSC. MSC sends to the PEBLO and the PEB. My PEBLO still says she does not have it, so I recommended nicely that she ask the MSC to re send it, they are like 1 hallway away from each other.