San Diego SSDA atty please

jlbbc

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Looks like my appeal just got denied. Haven't received the official letter, but the benefits page shows my potential retirement amounts again and the option to apply for disability is there again. So I'm pretty sure that means a denial. I did for the initial application
Looking for a great Wounded Warrior SSDI Attorney. I've found plenty of SSDI names online, but hoping someone has used one that is familiar with WW.
Thanks!

I found one here in the DC area. I could pass his information along. He may know of someone that could help you out in you area

Im not in San Diego, but I used a real good attorney's office in Orange County. The Law Offices of Judith Leyland http://www.disabilitylawfirm.com/

It took a long time before I got in front of the SSDI ALJ, but once I was at my hearing, it took maybe 20 minutes for her staff to get me a sucessful adjucation.

OC is not too far. Was she familiar with wounded warrior status and VA stuff?

OC is not too far. Was she familiar with wounded warrior status and VA stuff?

Absolutely, I was in the WTU at the time and they presented the case perfectly to get an award. The only thing that sucks is unless you are terminally ill in CA, it takes forever to get approved.

I found a guy who was a former SSDI staff atty that now practices on his own. I'll let you know what I think after we meet.

I will let this go for now....I don't generally like advertisements for any attorneys on this site (and more so for those who are not paying for the advertisement or the "informal" referral). I don't push my own law practice here and as such, it kinda rubs me wrong that some attorney gets compensation as a result of this site when I could do a lot more to "seek business" based on this site. On the other hand, I do understand the reason for the question and don't generally like to limit sharing of information. (Also, understand that I appreciate that my position on this issue is perhaps complicated. I have a wide audience here. I do regularly get folks seeking my services from this site or as result of me setting up the site and posting often. It is a somewhat recurring and difficult issue trying to separate any commercial impact from the altruistic goals of the site. I could go the other way and really make this a "commercial enterprise," and maximize my income from doing things differently. At the end of the day, it just kind of bugs me that some attorney may earn a fee without having contributed here one way or another, especially given my contributions; in case anyone is confused, I don't practice SSDI law so it does not impact me directly at all. Hope all of this makes sense).

(Bottom line, I have concerns, but will let this go for now. This site does not recommend attorneys and even it did, it wold do that less so in the case of "for profit attorneys." However, members can share their opinions. I would comment that while having someone local has its benefits- you can meet with them face to face, for example- many of the more talented and knowledgeable attorneys will be scattered across the country. Given that modern technology allows for easy communication across distances, I am not sure I would limit my search based on geography. I am unlikely to take any hard postion or action on this issue in the near term. Just be aware of my concerns).

Sorry Jason. Wasn't meant to offend or start an advertisement thread. I don't know much about the next step and thought I needed someone local to represent me. I thought we both had to show up locally somewhere to see some sort of judge. I haven't met with him yet and only wanted to ask for or offer help if someone near me was also looking for SSDI specific atty. I have done quite a bit of searching online but personal recommendation based on experience is always preferred by me.
I completely understand and respect your position on free referrals via a website you put your time and money into. If it helps...I didn't get a local San Diego referral from this thread afterall, lol. There aren't a lot of options on seeking others opinions beyond a captive audience website. Yelp is great for a lot of things, but didn't help much for this.
I really do understand if you choose to delete this thread. I will not post a name whatever my outcome is. If anyone wants to know they could PM me I suppose. Once again, I haven't even spoken to him yet and have no opinion. Just high hopes :)

No worries....like I stated before, I am not inclined (at least now) to delete the thread. And, if you have secured representation you are comfortable with, then great.

Sounds like you completely understand my concerns- I appreciate that!