V codes not available until after separation?

faoman

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I got my IPEB results today. 20% DOD 100%VA. I have a few issues with the actual breakdown which I intend to address through FPEB and VARRs.

I have two questions...first, is there any way to get my V codes prior to separation? I am mostly concerned about my CRSC at this point and would like to try to correct any inaccuracies prior to separation, if possible.

Second, is there a limit to the number of VARRs that I can request? I have two conditions specifically that I want to appeal for higher ratings and possibly more. They are presumptive conditions and would take some of the guesswork out of the CRSC calculation....besides being (IMO) under rated.

First, what branch are you?
Second, V-codes have nothing to do with CRSC, they DO have everything to do with retired pay if the majority of your separating condition(s) are combat-related. Again, CRSC determinations were written under a different set of laws than PEB/VA, therefore are more stringent than those two agencies when it comes to deciding if something is/is not combat-related.
Third, one VARR otherwise you'll have to deal with it post-separation, so make it count

Thank you for the response.

AD Army

So Army will make a completely independent decision on CRSC eligibility for each claimed condition? And it is up to me to supply concrete evidence?

In my C&P exam for my neck it says:

"The condition started 2005.
The condition began when carrying body armor, helmets, and rucks sacks and sitting in vehicles for long periods of time."

Do you think that is enough to justify CRSC?

The condition began when carrying body armor, helmets, and rucks sacks and sitting in vehicles for long periods of time."

The problem with C&P exams is they are not from the time of the incident. There’s no telling if this will be accepted, but medical evidence from 2005 would give you much higher odds of approval.

There are a lot of presumptive conditions that qualify for CRSC that may be easier to get approved for such as Tinnitus, Asthma, Sinusitis, Rhinitis etc. For these type of conditions all you need is the VA to designate the condition as service connected and provide proof that you were in one of the qualified countries.