VARR and NLT Date

melloten

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I've searched these forums and couldn't find info on this specific situation.

If I agree with the findings of the IPEB (DoD 60%/VA 90%) but request a VARR to increase the rating percent how is my NLT date calculated. Is it calculated from the date the DA-199 is signed or from when the VARR comes back? Assuming that the percentages don't change there will not be a new 199 but PDA won't be able to affix their signature until after the VARR.

It is calculated from when the PDA receives the DA-199.

I do not have any particular regulation to support this, however my 90 day countdown began 3 days after I returned my signed DA-199 to my PEBLO.

If you are requesting a VARR, then technically you are not agreeing with the findings.

I do not have any particular regulation to support this, however my 90 day countdown began 3 days after I returned my signed DA-199 to my PEBLO.

If you are requesting a VARR, then technically you are not agreeing with the findings.
Requesting a VARR is different from PEB findings. I concurred with the PEB findings but requested a VARR for one of my unfit condition. Concurring with the findings means you agreed with the unfit determination and requesting a VARR means you did not agree with the VA rating for any of your unfit condition(s).

If I agree with the findings of the IPEB (DoD 60%/VA 90%) but request a VARR to increase the rating percent how is my NLT date calculated. Is it calculated from the date the DA-199 is signed or from when the VARR comes back? Assuming that the percentages don't change there will not be a new 199 but PDA won't be able to affix their signature until after the VARR.

Your NLT is ten days starting from when your PEBLO counseled you of your 199. Your ten days window starts that day. I got my 199 on 1 Nov and returned back to my PEBLO for VARR on 10 NOV. My PEBLO uploaded everything in my presence and sent to PEB

How is your final out date calculated I signed my 199 on 9Dec i have like 5 days of leave plus I'll be getting 20 days ptdy.

Expect ETS on Jan 30 or Feb 27th, best guess.

The 90 days is not a hard and fast rule. My husband's orders are dated 13 Dec 2016 and his last active duty service day is 28 Mar 2017. 64 days of terminal leave, 20 days of permissive, and the rest for outprocessing. His final out is Jan. 3rd and then he goes on PTDY/terminal. His PEBLO told us that they like for medical retirements to be done 3 days before the end of the month so that there isn't a gap in paychecks.

His VARR took about 5 weeks or so to come back. He signed the VARR and received orders the next day which was much quicker than we expected.