Voc Rehab!

Thanks for sharing your journey into Voc Rehab.

Just finished my second Voc Rehab appointment...I am looking to get a MacBook instead of a cheap HP laptop, along with other supplies. Let me know if you have any questions!

Awesome, I am hoping to start college this summer with Voc Rehab.

Hey man, were you requesting an ergo computer chair or a massage recliner?

Hey man, were you requesting an ergo computer chair or a massage recliner?
Ergo computer chair...but my counselor said they only get chairs if it's for your place of employment and not for chair.

VA Voc Rehab is such a great benefit for disabled veterans...The va counselors do not help you but if you do enough research, you can reap the benefits. This episode shows you how I justified getting a MacBook Pro over an IBM laptop. I also talk about getting student supplies such as pens, pencils, backpacks, etc.

VA Voc Rehab is such a great benefit for disabled veterans...The va counselors do not help you but if you do enough research, you can reap the benefits. This episode shows you how I justified getting a MacBook Pro over an IBM laptop. I also talk about getting student supplies such as pens, pencils, backpacks, etc.
Thanks for your post! I was wondering how to request an iMac. Im in the same boat, I have an iPhone and having a MacBook would be great! I'm currently using the program, but I am active Duty. Do you know whether or not I should wait to become a veteran to request for the iMac and printer. Thanks for your help!

Thanks for vidoes on your experience!

Don't know how accurate/legal this is, but just a heads up for those in same boat as I.

I am 100% P&T getting SSDI. When I applied for VocRehab and had my first (and only) appt, the counselor told me that nobody on SSDI can qualify for VocRehab. I've heard from others that this is not true, but I really had no clue how to challenge them or how to verify its accuracy. Counselor told me that I am welcomed to apply again when/if I get off SSDI.

I was getting SSDI when I applied for Voc Rehab and they approved me for an independent living plan. I refused it and went back to school on the GI Bill

Hopefully they let you know that you are eligible for employment adjustment allowance (equal to two months stipend) once you are successfully employed for 90 days in a field of work related to your voc rehab plan.

Who does one contact when Voc Rehab denies benefits because one is receiving SSDI?

They should not, I received SSDI every single month I was in VR&E.
They did though. I'm just wondering how to fight it. I've decided to use up most of my GI Bill bennies and apply again when that time comes. The VR&E folks I dealt with were saying things completely different when it came to verbally versus in email.

My husband is unable to use the VOC Rehab benefit due to learning disibilites. Does anyone know if the VOC Rehab benefit can be used by dependents?

My husband is unable to use the VOC Rehab benefit due to learning disibilites. Does anyone know if the VOC Rehab benefit can be used by dependents?

No, dependents are not eligible, however Voc Rehab can assist with cognitive retraining. Talk to the VR&E counselor. VR&E can also assist with internships and non-traditional job placement programs.

They did though. I'm just wondering how to fight it. I've decided to use up most of my GI Bill bennies and apply again when that time comes. The VR&E folks I dealt with were saying things completely different when it came to verbally versus in email.
Did you get this worked out?