When the MEB examiner seeks addlt info from AHLTA notes

DIB2012

Registered Member
I am hoping you can help ease some of my rising anxiety. My DA3947 signed on 2012Nov14 by COL Eric D. Morgan, MD, DCCS. Since this date I really have not had any more updates other than a few notices from the VA that is in Washington saying they are back logged. Should I be all wound up about it? I really want too say yes but I don't want too get all caught up because the truth to the matter is I will loose my shit.

I cannot help it, and I am human. Anyway I have a year left and I ETS in June 2014. How much more time is it going to take until this is all over and done with. At same time I am not willing to be cut short of what I am entitled too. I will summarize my issues and hope I can get some feedback.

My VA C&P was completed 2012July23 a year ago it came back supporting my condition Axis I Major Depressive Disorder, PTSD and Axis II Depressive Disorder (NOS). However the MEB NARSUM writer removed my PTSD diagnosis by incorrectly deferring to an August 2010 fit for duty assessment I had at the Madigan Army Medical Center in favor of my C&P examination. This is disallowed by operation of Annex O to MEDCOM OPORD 12-31.

The MEB has provided no compelling reason to disregard the C&P PTSD diagnosis I was given and under OPORD 12-31 but they did so anyways. Not only is this injustice the MEB then slaps me with a Axis II of Borderline Personality Disorder. This is just so wrong...

What I really want too know is this worth loosing my mind over! I already have a rating of 100% by the VA and I know it cannot go higher than this. Both my Psychiatrist and Psychologist and the OIF liaison at the VA tell me not worry about the ( Borderline Personality Disorder) because the VA is not going to change my diagnosis. But what about my overall benefits for my family. My understanding is unless I am mistaken if I am separated with BPD my dependents will not be entitled too any of my benefits? I am not alright with that my family deserves some part of my sacrifice as they have also been sacrificed.

I have heard through other veterans that my compensation will likely change? Either it will be reduced or I will have too pay some tax? I dont understand whats up? I was told too look into finding out about CRSP or something like combat related special pay? What is this? Any feed back would be appreciated.

Thanks

:confused: :(

DA3947
1.) Major Depressive Disorder IAW AR 40-501 CHAPTER 3-32 (b,c) Incurred while entitled to base pay YES Exsisted prior to service NO. Permanently Aggravated by Service YES

Does meet retention standards
2. Asthma
3. Plantar Fasciitis
4.Left Ankle Tibial Tendon Dysfunction
5.Right Shoulder Calcific Bursitis
6. Allergic Rhinitis
7. Personality Disorder
8. Irregular Bowl Syndrome
9. Cannabis Dependence
10. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
11. Personality Disorder

As of right now it is a waiting game in your 199. Once it is presented to you, this is when you will see your actual BH rating.

Your referred condition was MDD and this is most likely not going to change. The MDD is the condition that the Army is finding you not fit for duty.

I am hoping you can help ease some of my rising anxiety. My DA3947 signed on 2012Nov14 by COL Eric D. Morgan, MD, DCCS. Since this date I really have not had any more updates other than a few notices from the VA that is in Washington saying they are back logged. Should I be all wound up about it? I really want too say yes but I don't want too get all caught up because the truth to the matter is I will loose my shit.

I cannot help it, and I am human. Anyway I have a year left and I ETS in June 2014. How much more time is it going to take until this is all over and done with. At same time I am not willing to be cut short of what I am entitled too. I will summarize my issues and hope I can get some feedback.

My VA C&P was completed 2012July23 a year ago it came back supporting my condition Axis I Major Depressive Disorder, PTSD and Axis II Depressive Disorder (NOS). However the MEB NARSUM writer removed my PTSD diagnosis by incorrectly deferring to an August 2010 fit for duty assessment I had at the Madigan Army Medical Center in favor of my C&P examination. This is disallowed by operation of Annex O to MEDCOM OPORD 12-31.

The MEB has provided no compelling reason to disregard the C&P PTSD diagnosis I was given and under OPORD 12-31 but they did so anyways. Not only is this injustice the MEB then slaps me with a Axis II of Borderline Personality Disorder. This is just so wrong...

What I really want too know is this worth loosing my mind over! I already have a rating of 100% by the VA and I know it cannot go higher than this. Both my Psychiatrist and Psychologist and the OIF liaison at the VA tell me not worry about the ( Borderline Personality Disorder) because the VA is not going to change my diagnosis. But what about my overall benefits for my family. My understanding is unless I am mistaken if I am separated with BPD my dependents will not be entitled too any of my benefits? I am not alright with that my family deserves some part of my sacrifice as they have also been sacrificed.

I have heard through other veterans that my compensation will likely change? Either it will be reduced or I will have too pay some tax? I dont understand whats up? I was told too look into finding out about CRSP or something like combat related special pay? What is this? Any feed back would be appreciated.

Thanks

:confused: :(

DA3947
1.) Major Depressive Disorder IAW AR 40-501 CHAPTER 3-32 (b,c) Incurred while entitled to base pay YES Exsisted prior to service NO. Permanently Aggravated by Service YES

Does meet retention standards
2. Asthma
3. Plantar Fasciitis
4.Left Ankle Tibial Tendon Dysfunction
5.Right Shoulder Calcific Bursitis
6. Allergic Rhinitis
7. Personality Disorder
8. Irregular Bowl Syndrome
9. Cannabis Dependence
10. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
11. Personality Disorder

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Unfortunately, you are not alone in reference to the receipt of erroneously contented DoD IDES MEB/PEB documentation which resulted in erroneous follow-on MEB/PEB adjudications.

Nonetheless, never default acceptance to potential injustice whether championing for well-earned and well-deserve military healthcare benefits now or after military separation/retirement.

To that extent, as the historical statement goes..."you only have one LIFE to live"...and it's best to maximize all healthcare treatment opportunities while you are still capable to do so.

With that all said, I suggest that you continue to lean forward in the foxhole, aim at your specific target then shoot for the applicable strategy to properly maintain the legally appropriate processing standard of your DoD IDES MEB/PEB case file. ;)

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!