will i be put up for an MEB? if so what will happen to me from there

Luke14

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I'm new on this forum and I just had a few questions, my PCM is talking to the DAWG about me right now and im wondering if i will be put through to a MEB and if i am will i be medically retired or what will they most likely do with me? just to start i have a hurt back and shoulders, impingement syndrome in my shoulders and my physical therapist says i probably have a bulging disc in my back but there is no MRI to back that up. i also have really bad migraines (2-3 per day) theyre fairly disabling and i got sent to a neurologist for them and he did a couple tests and found that i have seizure activity in my brain, although i have no history of seizures and even with the seizure activity i do not have convulsive seizures, it could be absence seizures where i just "zone out" for a few seconds every once in a while, and i am on anti-seizure medication and just hoping they dont get worse. i am also having a sleep study done soon to determine whether or not i have sleep apnea because my neurologist believes that i have it. I am active duty AF (and i do work on the flightline, i dont know if that is important or not) and just wondering if my PCM and the DAWG will send me up for an MEB and then what the probable outcome of that will be if they do? thank you!

1) If you do not have an MRI on your back, then specifically ask for an MRI to be done on your back so you can ensure you are getting the proper treatment for your injury.

2) The seizure thing is a fair commonly cause of migraines. Just make sure you start documenting them on a headache log so you can show that you have a history of migraines. If you feel like total trash make sure you go to sick call. I was rated at 0% for my migraines because somehow "less frequent" migraines was noted in my medical record even though I have 11-15 migraines a month.

3) Sleep Apnea is the single greatest thing you can get diagnose or ruled out. They had been treating me for insomnia since 2011 and it turns out all this time I have sleep apnea. I've had a CPAP for 3 weeks now, and I can tell you it is night and day now with my mental state during the day.

Before the decision of your PCM and/or the DAWG is known, a few more details are needed.

1) Do you have any other injuries that you are seen for

2) Are you on a profile? If so, what type.

3) How many years do you have in?

You will most likely be MEB'd and I suspect you will be found unfit for at least one of your conditions.

1) If you do not have an MRI on your back, then specifically ask for an MRI to be done on your back so you can ensure you are getting the proper treatment for your injury.

2) The seizure thing is a fair commonly cause of migraines. Just make sure you start documenting them on a headache log so you can show that you have a history of migraines. If you feel like total trash make sure you go to sick call. I was rated at 0% for my migraines because somehow "less frequent" migraines was noted in my medical record even though I have 11-15 migraines a month.

3) Sleep Apnea is the single greatest thing you can get diagnose or ruled out. They had been treating me for insomnia since 2011 and it turns out all this time I have sleep apnea. I've had a CPAP for 3 weeks now, and I can tell you it is night and day now with my mental state during the day.

Before the decision of your PCM and/or the DAWG is known, a few more details are needed.

1) Do you have any other injuries that you are seen for

2) Are you on a profile? If so, what type.

3) How many years do you have in?

i will ask my pcm about the MRI when i see her next, thank you. and yea ive heard that the seizure activity can be a common cause of migraines, i do need to start a headache log, will that come in and be an important thing to show if i get MEB'd? i would say i have about 2-3 migraines per day usually, so mine are definitely pretty frequent. and yea i am happy im getting a sleep study to see whats going on because im always tired no matter how much sleep i get, its crazy.

1) no other injuries that come to mind right now, i am seeing physical therapy for about 3-4 months now for my shoulders and my back, and i saw physical therapy for a few months a little over a year ago for my back and one shoulder. i am having the sleep study for possible sleep apnea. im seeing a neurologist for the seizure activity and migraines.

2) i am on a profile, and have been for probably 3-4 months now and i was on a profile when i was going to physical therapy over a year ago for a couple months. my profile is no high impact activities, no excessive bending at the waist, no running over 100yards, no pushing pulling or lifting greater that 40lbs, walking at own pace and distance and i am on a waist only PT test. all of this makes it pretty difficult to do my job, or at least do my job well as i do work as a weapons troop on the flightline.

3)i will hit my 3 years of being in mark 02Sep this year.

Migraines that are disabling 2-3 times per day. Perhaps seizure activity depending on what it turns out to be.