Fort Jackson- (Stationed in NC- recruiting)

It's been a while. Here's an update.

26 August- Notified NARSUM was completed.

27 August- Picked up NARSUM- Took it home, lots of factual inconsistencies. Returned in to PEBLO after I typed up a memo with all of the errors and references to dates and time of treatment. Waiting to hear back from them.

29 August- Completed breathing study. Tech said I would need an inhaler but the Dr would be in touch. Can't wait to find out what is going on with that.

03 SEP- Met with the Dr who wrote the NARSUM. He wasn't too pleased that I called him out on the material errors. After going through the information with him, he asked me to go through my medical file and tab all of the information I wanted him to look at and MAYBE he would make some changes. I bluntly asked him, "Isn't that within the scope of your responsibilities as the Dr in charge of writinng the NARSUM?" He got irritated at that and said yes but he must have missed something. In the interest of getting this thing done right, I took my medical file back and sat down with the PEBLO, who helped me go through everything page by page.

Long story short, the Dr redid the NARSUM, included all of the material evidence that was missing, and even added another disqualifying condition, Degenerative Joint Disease (Back) to it. I signed the correct and updated NARSUM yesterday. (10 SEP).

03 SEP- Met with the Dr who wrote the NARSUM. He wasn't too pleased that I called him out on the material errors. After going through the information with him, he asked me to go through my medical file and tab all of the information I wanted him to look at and MAYBE he would make some changes. I bluntly asked him, "Isn't that within the scope of your responsibilities as the Dr in charge of writinng the NARSUM?" He got irritated at that and said yes but he must have missed something. In the interest of getting this thing done right, I took my medical file back and sat down with the PEBLO, who helped me go through everything page by page.

Long story short, the Dr redid the NARSUM, included all of the material evidence that was missing, and even added another disqualifying condition, Degenerative Joint Disease (Back) to it. I signed the correct and updated NARSUM yesterday. (10 SEP).

Simply outstanding! Good deal; positive actions yield positive results in my opinion! ;)

Of course, please remain positively proactive throughout your interactions within the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process to ensure the best possible solution(s) for yourself and your loved ones. Again, indeed an excellent job! :)

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

Update:

23 SEP 2013- Received word from PEBLO and subsequent email about initial findings of PEB. Found Unfit for PTSD and Degenerative Disc Disease. Case forwarded to VA for ratings.

Now the WAITING game starts!

Update:

23 SEP 2013- Received word from PEBLO and subsequent email about initial findings of PEB. Found Unfit for PTSD and Degenerative Disc Disease. Case forwarded to VA for ratings.

Now the WAITING game starts!

Congratulations, indeed! :)

By the way, welcome to the club! ;)

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!