Certificate of service

nwysong

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Does anyone know where I can get a certificate of service while still on active duty? I'm trying to land a job while still on active duty and they want me to see if I can get one in leiu of a DD-214. I will get my 214 on Thursday but don't want to miss a great opportunity to land a great job.

I got a statement of service from my commander. You should also be able to get one through S1.

What exactly does it say? Is there anything specific I need to bring in order to get it?

What exactly does it say? Is there anything specific I need to bring in order to get it?

It is in memorandum format and says to whom it may concern, my name, current grade, current duty position, how long I have been in the service, and then it says this service members character of service which will be documented on his dd214 has been honorable. And he is has an estimated date of separation from the service of ...And then it says this information has been verified by the undersigned, and gives his name and contact information.

It doesn't need to be very specific, they really just want to see that you have been in for as long as you say and that your character of service upon separation is honorable.

You could bring in the specific job posting that states you would need a character of service statement in lieu of your DD214.