Ft Sam Timeline

liledubb

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the site and I just wanted to list my timeline as a reference on how the IDES is a faster process now than in the past. I'm a AD MSG with over 24 years and a few deployments under my belt. In my opinion the MEB process at Ft. Sam has went very well for me especially because of my PEBLO, she's outstanding and very knowledgeable. The VA Reps there at BAMSC are very helpful as well. I am only 110 days in but from what I'm told I'm moving pretty quickly. I have 6 unfit conditions and 11 other conditions being rated as well. My time line is below

27AUG14 - Referred to MEB

09SEP14 – VA Claims

30SEP14 - C&P Exam at local VA hospital

09OCT14 - MEB

20OCT14 – Informal PEB (Unfit Notification)

22OCT14 - Packet forwarded to DOD and VA for ratings

19NOV14 - Ebennies when from "Gathering of Evidence" to "Preparation for Decision" (!!)

Currently waiting for: DOD and VA Ratings

you are very fortunate to be at the base where the peb processes thes stuyff

you are very fortunate to be at the base where the peb processes thes stuyff

Yes you are so right I've been truly blessed. Also my PEBLO referred me to appllying for SSDI in which I did and behold got approved for SSDI first time "Go" at that station.

Dang nice, i still need to go over and do SSDI my peblo is probably the least knowledgeable person ive encounter during this process and all im waiting on is Fort Sam to send my 199 over hopefully someday lol.

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the site and I just wanted to list my timeline as a reference on how the IDES is a faster process now than in the past. I'm a AD MSG with over 24 years and a few deployments under my belt. In my opinion the MEB process at Ft. Sam has went very well for me especially because of my PEBLO, she's outstanding and very knowledgeable. The VA Reps there at BAMSC are very helpful as well. I am only 110 days in but from what I'm told I'm moving pretty quickly. I have 6 unfit conditions and 11 other conditions being rated as well. My time line is below

27AUG14 - Referred to MEB

09SEP14 – VA Claims

30SEP14 - C&P Exam at local VA hospital

09OCT14 - MEB

20OCT14 – Informal PEB (Unfit Notification)

22OCT14 - Packet forwarded to DOD and VA for ratings

19NOV14 - Ebennies when from "Gathering of Evidence" to "Preparation for Decision" (!!)

Currently waiting for: DOD and VA Ratings

Yes you are so right I've been truly blessed. Also my PEBLO referred me to appllying for SSDI in which I did and behold got approved for SSDI first time "Go" at that station.

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Indeed, congratulations on both account: seemingly rapid DoD IDES processing and first-time processing award of SSA SSDI federal disability compensation! :D

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

Dang nice, i still need to go over and do SSDI my peblo is probably the least knowledgeable person ive encounter during this process and all im waiting on is Fort Sam to send my 199 over hopefully someday lol.
For knowledge base in dealing with the SSDI, I did the following steps.
1. I logged into eBennifits and gave permission for the VA to release medical records to the SSA (makes things a lot easier so you don't have to upload or send medical info).
2. Applied for SSDI online, process takes about an hour. (Use information for MEB unfit memo)
3 After completing and submitting online call SSA to ask for assistance or verifiation that you did the online portion correctly. (Once rep gets on the phone they will go line by line to ensure you have done it correctly) Make sure you let them know you are a disable Vet and that you are going through the medical board process.

For knowledge base in dealing with the SSDI, I did the following steps.
1. I logged into eBennifits and gave permission for the VA to release medical records to the SSA (makes things a lot easier so you don't have to upload or send medical info).
2. Applied for SSDI online, process takes about an hour. (Use information for MEB unfit memo)
3 After completing and submitting online call SSA to ask for assistance or verifiation that you did the online portion correctly. (Once rep gets on the phone they will go line by line to ensure you have done it correctly) Make sure you let them know you are a disable Vet and that you are going through the medical board process.

In addition, if the combination of all medical conditions result in a severe impairment that is expected to last at least one year or unfortunately shall result in death; and, the impairment prevents an individual from being unable to perform any substantial work, then I would strongly suggest reviewing my PEB Forum URL thread as annotated below:

[URL='http://www.pebforum.com/site/threads/social-security-administration-ssa-social-security-disability-insurance-ssdi-compensation.24005/']http://www.pebforum.com/site/threads/social-security-administration-ssa-social-security-disability-insurance-ssdi-compensation.24005/[/URL]

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

Pending Decision Approval on eBennies! :) this morning

I was at Ft. Sam too, I had ms. Williams as my peblo, she is one excellent lady. My med board was initiated 5 March and I had ratings/hit transproc by 17 June. So, in total, took about 3 months. Hopefully you will have an equally fast turn around.

Ratings are back 26 NOV just waiting on 199 now

199 is back the real count down has started