Head-to-Toe Exam DBQ Timeline

CVST_COVAX

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
From what I have seen from others (and am now experiencing myself), the Head-to-Toe exam DBQ takes about two weeks to upload into TOL. The other three DBQs uploaded in less than 24 hours. Does anyone know why this is? I'm just curious.

From what I have seen from others (and am now experiencing myself), the Head-to-Toe exam DBQ takes about two weeks to upload into TOL. The other three DBQs uploaded in less than 24 hours. Does anyone know why this is? I'm just curious.
I'm in the same boat. Waiting on my Gen Med DBQs.

The reason this process takes longer is due to the amount of different conditions covered in the average Gen Med C&P. In my case, I had 29 separate claims from a Gen Med perspective. Some of these claimed conditions are lumped together into the same DBQs, however, much of the Gen Med conditions are covered on their own DBQ, similar to audiology being its own, optometry, etc.

Because of the greater number of DBQs, it takes longer for our C&P examiners to transfer their notes into these DBQs, scour our medical records again looking for specific info depending on what we stated during the exam, complete the DBQs in their entirety, sign, upload, etc. My Gen Med C&P examiner was frank with me and told me that it would take her about 2-3 weeks to finish my DBQs and stated that she does a lot of this stuff as "homework" after the actual exam.

A buddy of mine waited 27 days before he saw his DBQs uploaded to TOL. Hope this helps! Good luck!

I'm in the same boat. Waiting on my Gen Med DBQs.

The reason this process takes longer is due to the amount of different conditions covered in the average Gen Med C&P. In my case, I had 29 separate claims from a Gen Med perspective. Some of these claimed conditions are lumped together into the same DBQs, however, much of the Gen Med conditions are covered on their own DBQ, similar to audiology being its own, optometry, etc.

Because of the greater number of DBQs, it takes longer for our C&P examiners to transfer their notes into these DBQs, scour our medical records again looking for specific info depending on what we stated during the exam, complete the DBQs in their entirety, sign, upload, etc. My Gen Med C&P examiner was frank with me and told me that it would take her about 2-3 weeks to finish my DBQs and stated that she does a lot of this stuff as "homework" after the actual exam.

A buddy of mine waited 27 days before he saw his DBQs uploaded to TOL. Hope this helps! Good luck!
Thanks. I figured it was something to that effect. I appreciate the response.

The more contentions you claim, the more DBQs the physician has to complete. Few providers, like none, enjoy paperwork.

Then each contractor has a review process for each contention. So a head to toe will take longer.

Head to Toe Exam DBQ uploaded today...two weeks to the day from the exam.

Some of the DBQs leave me scratching my head as they contradict themselves and some are the exact opposite of what I discussed with the examiner. I guess we'll see what happens.

Head to Toe Exam DBQ uploaded today...two weeks to the day from the exam.

Some of the DBQs leave me scratching my head as they contradict themselves and some are the exact opposite of what I discussed with the examiner. I guess we'll see what happens.
What happened with your DBQs that seemed to contradict themselves? I just got mine last week in TOL and a few are like that for me as well.

What happened with your DBQs that seemed to contradict themselves? I just got mine last week in TOL and a few are like that for me as well.
Things like IBS not causing a daily disturbance block checked, but the narrative stating that I have frequent and severe onset and episodes. Basically, my examiner did a good job, but he overlooked a lot of the "admin" portion of checking the correct blocks and even stated that one of my issues (my disqualifying issue) existed prior to service, which it didn't. The VA corrected some of his mistakes and even added a few claims and ratings I wasn't expecting. So, don't lose hope unless your ratings come back and you get screwed.

Things like IBS not causing a daily disturbance block checked, but the narrative stating that I have frequent and severe onset and episodes. Basically, my examiner did a good job, but he overlooked a lot of the "admin" portion of checking the correct blocks and even stated that one of my issues (my disqualifying issue) existed prior to service, which it didn't. The VA corrected some of his mistakes and even added a few claims and ratings I wasn't expecting. So, don't lose hope unless your ratings come back and you get screwed.
Im in the waiting period between C&P and ratings now so I guess Ill wait for the outcome. Like you said im holding out hope they will look at more than just the DBQs.