Need help? MEB taking too long....

fordforce

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I've looked at this site several times but, never posted anything. I feel my MEB is taking too long. I'm not sure if it's the "system" but, i feel my PEBLO is slacking in her duties. I just need a reality check from those who have gone through the process to tell me if it is taking too long or not. Basic rundown, I'm an MEB soldier, sent for Asthma. Was Medevac'd from Kuwait, sent back to the states for MEB. Started in August of 2011. I went ahead and was able to complete all appointments needed in one month after. Here is my timeline (please be patient as I am new to this and if more info is needed please let me know...)...

Date Commander Notified of MEB Action: 09/30/2011

Date of Physician's Notification of MEB Action: 10/05/2011
Physical Exam Completed: 11/09/2011
Consultation Required: No
Consultation Date/Type:
Date of MEB Physician Appointment: 05/02/2012
Date Physician dictated MEB narrative Summary: 05/02/2012

I completed my Narsum May 2nd. Since then,, I've been waiting on the 3 DA signatures. Does it really take this long for this? I've contacted my PEBLO about this and got toldto "sit and wait". I've talked to others who say it ridiculous that I'm waiting so long just for that. I figured I could confirm or not on this site. Please let me know if there is anything additonal needed. Thanks for your help!

Looking at your dates I am completely floored! I have been in the "system" since Oct 2010. My final signed NARSUM took forever too. The problem was getting the 3 Doctors to sign the document. Once they signed it my peblo had to type the DA 199 for the preliminary non-retention or retention determination from the MEB. After that My "packet" was sent to Ft Lewis for the PEB. The VA is taking over 6the months so far to determine Ratings and still waiting on them to get the ratings approved. Sign up for ebenefits account through the VA. It keeps you informed on the status at the VA. I think it pisses my PEBLO that I can see where the VA is at in their phases and I make calls every other tuesday at the same time and ask for updates.

I signed my NARSUM 1 May12. My IPEB was complete 8MAY12 and sent to VA for ratings. 25may12 my ratings were complete. 4jun12 my ratings were emailed back to the PEB for final approval. It doesn't really seem to be any timeline that is set in stone. It's quick for some and really long for others. I would just stay on top of your PEBLO and your VA rep because if it is taking this long it is because more than likely your paperwork is sitting on their desk. There has been a couple of times that I have called them and each one said they were waiting on the other and one of them found my package on their desk. Just hang in there and make them do their jobs.

I'm Navy though so it may be different for us. I think there is a tracker on your AKO that you could check under medical readiness, but don't quote me on that.

I just called and tried to speak with my PEBLO. I asked her again why its taking so long for these three signatures. That I have been waiting almost a month and a half. She said "keep in mind there are other cases that I have to deal with...". I didn't respond the way I wanted to. I wanted to ask her when do I become a priority or do you have to wait two years first to be a priority? I asked to talk to her supervisor, which then she gave me a phone number to the front desk and told me to ask for a specific person. I've called the two different numbers 4 times already with no answer. Is this ridiculous? Is there something I can do about this? I can't keep waiting....these people dont understand that my whole life is on hold until I know what they want to do. Thanks again for the above help. It is much appreciated.

I'm waiting on ratings also.....my NARSUM was completed at the beggining of March. My case was initiated 09/27/2011. Last time I called the VA they said my ratings are complete but would not tell them to me over the phone. They said I should be contacted anytime now. PEB recieved my ratings 05/09/2012. They said average time is 38 days. I am sitting on 46 days as we speak.

I'm waiting on ratings also.....my NARSUM was completed at the beggining of March. My case was initiated 09/27/2011. Last time I called the VA they said my ratings are complete but would not tell them to me over the phone. They said I should be contacted anytime now. PEB recieved my ratings 05/09/2012. They said average time is 38 days. I am sitting on 46 days as we speak.

But, mine hasnt even been sent to the PEB yet...lol...

yep...looks like u are a couple months behind me. I wish u the best of luck and hope u get ur ratings very soon.

Finally got ahold of a supervisor. She stated she just reviewed my file yesterday. That one of the signatures had to come electronically from Ft. Sam, but the other two come from doctors who arent in her building anymore, that they had moved to another building. I explained to her that not receiving information at all is super fustrating and that its been too long for me to just be in "limbo". She seemed very knowledgeable but, I could tell in her voice, when she was reading over my dates, that something wasnt right. That it did seem too long of a wait time, but, she didnt express it Let's hope to hear from them soon!

I don't know how many times that I had to call before I finally got someone to tell me my rating. At least 10. He was able to give me my rating over the phone and he mailed me a copy.

Finally got ahold of a supervisor. She stated she just reviewed my file yesterday. That one of the signatures had to come electronically from Ft. Sam, but the other two come from doctors who arent in her building anymore, that they had moved to another building. I explained to her that not receiving information at all is super fustrating and that its been too long for me to just be in "limbo". She seemed very knowledgeable but, I could tell in her voice, when she was reading over my dates, that something wasnt right. That it did seem too long of a wait time, but, she didnt express it Let's hope to hear from them soon!

Is she going to get in touch with the people who needs to sign it or gaff you off?

I've looked at this site several times but, never posted anything. I feel my MEB is taking too long. I'm not sure if it's the "system" but, i feel my PEBLO is slacking in her duties. I just need a reality check from those who have gone through the process to tell me if it is taking too long or not. Basic rundown, I'm an MEB soldier, sent for Asthma. Was Medevac'd from Kuwait, sent back to the states for MEB. Started in August of 2011. I went ahead and was able to complete all appointments needed in one month after. Here is my timeline (please be patient as I am new to this and if more info is needed please let me know...)...

Date Commander Notified of MEB Action: 09/30/2011

Date of Physician's Notification of MEB Action: 10/05/2011
Physical Exam Completed: 11/09/2011
Consultation Required: No
Consultation Date/Type:
Date of MEB Physician Appointment: 05/02/2012
Date Physician dictated MEB narrative Summary: 05/02/2012

I completed my Narsum May 2nd. Since then,, I've been waiting on the 3 DA signatures. Does it really take this long for this? I've contacted my PEBLO about this and got toldto "sit and wait". I've talked to others who say it ridiculous that I'm waiting so long just for that. I figured I could confirm or not on this site. Please let me know if there is anything additonal needed. Thanks for your help!

Have you tried talking to your Ombudsaman yet? :confused:

I feel your pain! My MEB started at Ft. Leonard Wood back in 2010. I was then told that all National Guard MEBs would be going through Pinellas Park, FL. Took forever to get to Ft. Gordon (where it is now). Ft. Gordon received my paperwork back in Dec, 2011. I could never get a hold of my first PEBLO. Found out that she was transfered. Flew out for my examinations back in Feb, 2012. My new PEBLO told me that my NARSUM is done and he just needs to get 3 signatures from doctors. That was over 8 weeks ago. If I look on MY MEB on AKO, it shows that it was last updated in January! The only thing on it is Date of Physicians Notification of MEB Action 12/19/2011. Everything else is blank! Good thing that I'm on some good medication or I would really be mad!

Hello! Sorry in advanced for posting a question in the middle of your forum responses, but for whatever reason I can figure out how to post a question on my own. Brain fart I suppose. Anyway.

I was wondering if there are any of you who can help me out. My packet was validated and sent forward to the MTF, I do believe it will be Ft. Gordon, GA. It said in the letter the PEBLO will be in contact in the "near future". I know there is no standard time frame for these things but have any of you gone through Ft Gordon? About how long did it take from when you got the letter showing your packet was validated to when you got your appointments? I know its hit or miss and probably a ton of people in line in front, but just curious. and im Army reseves incase that makes a difference.

Thanks!